NJ Devils new stadium

beerbeer

Prudential Financial Inc. and the NHL team on Monday announced the company will pay $105.3 million over 20 years to call the Devils' new arena the Prudential Center.

Without a team it would be hard to reach that number. But Hartford iss way behind the curve. They should have sold the naming right to the HCC years ago.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prudential Financial Inc. and the NHL team on Monday announced the company will pay $105.3 million over 20 years to call the Devils' new arena the Prudential Center.

Without a team it would be hard to reach that number. But Hartford iss way behind the curve. They should have sold the naming right to the HCC years ago.

I agree. We should have sold the naming rights long ago. That's about 1/3 to 1/4 of the total cost of the estimated price tag for a new Hartford Arena. I wonder how much Sprint payed KC since they don't have a team yet either.....

They did, Phoenix Financial had bought it and Joihn Rowland put the kibosh on it. This was while the Whalers were still here. Not sure the amount of years, but it was roughly a mill a year. He said they didn't put it out to bid so the deal was killed.

I believe Aetna also raised an objection over the deal. At the time I believe they were still owners of the Civic Center Mall and didn't want the attached arena to bear the name of a competitor...especially when the mall was losing money for them. It was scheduled to be a 5 year $2 million deal.

Archived