I have my new camera and equipment!

Lexy

Well, I got it! It's a Nikon D80 with a 70-300mm Sigma Lens and a 28-70mm Sigma Digital Lens. Man oh man do they pump out some fantastic pictures too! Let me get used to it and then you can expect some picture thread like never before on here! Also, I have some business cards that many of the forumers got while at the meet. If you haven't yet received one, then come to the next meet next month and I would be happy to provide you with one.

Here is the body with a standard Nikon Lens on it.

(Photo courtesy of Ken Rockwell)

d80-950.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have a weird fetishistic attraction to my own Nikon camera. Although mine is 35mm and entirely manual, making it a complete pain in the butt, it abuses me but I still love to handle it. A photo thread of people's camera equipment would be really awesome.

Picture122.jpg

The meta-ness of my photo is pretty astounding, I challenge anyone to top it.

Oh man, I remember those types of cameras. LOL!! Seriously, I love that type of equipment man. The type of photos those cameras take is priceless and impossible to replicate!

I'm all for a camera thread!

Post what you got and lets talk and discuss it!

I also use a smaller Canon Powershot S2 IS which is 5.0 megapixel (by comparison, the Nikon D80 that I own is 10.2 megapixel and far more advanced). But the Canon is a fantastic camera for what we on this forum use them for IMO. Only if you are looking to make some money should you really upgrade from a camera like that.

I would recommend the Canon Powershot series to anyone that is looking to upgrade.

I have a 5 mega pixel Canon PowerShot A530, and a 1 mega pixel picture phone. The usefulness of a compact digital camera is tremendous. Using the manual 35mm is such a chore but it really makes you focus (pun intended?) and think about what you're doing.

Lexy, I noticed that the D80 has a flash built-in but also has the thingy-majiggy on top for an external flash, what's the deal with that? Have you ever used one of these?

Picture116.jpg

Talk about a pain-in-the rear. The use of this thing is totally baffling to me.

I have a 5 mega pixel Canon PowerShot A530, and a 1 mega pixel picture phone. The usefulness of a compact digital camera is tremendous. Using the manual 35mm is such a chore but it really makes you focus (pun intended?) and think about what you're doing.

Lexy, I noticed that the D80 has a flash built-in but also has the thingy-majiggy on top for an external flash, what's the deal with that? Have you ever used one of these?

Picture116.jpg

Talk about a pain-in-the rear. The use of this thing is totally baffling to me.

You'll enjoy your new D80 Lexy! I have quite a bit of Nikon gear including a D2H and an aging D100 as well as a couple SB-800's and a few lenses like the Nikon 17-55 2.8 and the 70-200 2.8 VR. Nikon makes excellent equipment (as does Canon) so I expect nothing but great photos coming from your new gear! :)

Archived