The 40 Steps

Cotuit

May be kind of like putting lipstick on a pig. What is it about this area that just can't seem to work? It's actually laid out much better than the rest of Newport, in that there are broad walkways and the shops have proper windows for displays and such. I was in Newport this summer and the whole rest of the city was jam packed, but this area had tumbleweeds blowing through it.

It does look much better though. Maybe it looking less like a suburban condo development circa 1979 will help it out some.

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yahoo: Perhaps inspired by the success of the turbine at Portsmouth Abbey, Portsmouth voters this week overwhelmingly approved a $3M bond to build a wind turbine at Portsmouth Middle School. The arrangement would be similar to that at the Abbey, with the turbine powering the school and excess power being sold to benefit the town.

• 7 months later...

http://www.projo.com/ri/newport/content/EB...v5.411ad1f.html

An article from the East Bay section of the Projo about the makeover of Long Wharf Mall...excuse me, the Shops at Long Wharf... that I mentioned a while back in the House of Scrimshaw thread. The new look is quite nice. I'll have to take some pictures now that work is wrapping up.

Edited by Gusterfell

• 1 year later...

http://www.newport-now.com/2009/09/16/wind...ver-middletown/

Aquidneck Island is in the process of receiving its third wind turbine, this one at the Aquidneck Corporate Park, between Valley Rd. and Aquidneck Ave. in Middletown. It's not quite as large as the two in Portsmouth, but it is one more step toward making Newport County a leader in wind energy. :yahoo: