Heritage PTL Tower Condos

monsoon

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How sad to see the PTL condo tower looking like bombed out London from WWII. One must wonder if Jerry Fallwell, the one most responsible for Heritage USA's current state, is happy with this boarded up derelict.

That's great news that the structure will at last get residents.

Reminds me of the "BIRDCAGE" dorm I had to live in while I was in school at UNC-Chapel Hill. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I think it actually is! Broken windows, loose bricks, squeaky stairs, and nasty landscaping...hehe. Good thing this thing's getting revitalized. Hopefully, the developer will TRASH this and start ALL OVER from the ground up. If he decides to keep this look and just do patchwork repairs and try to market it as high-end retirement homes, he will get burnt on sales.

I realize that in these days, you MUST have two things going to sell homes quickly today: attractiveness and a HOMELY feel. Space and convenience alone today doesn't do it anymore. Whatever they do, I wish the developer luck. This is truly ONE UGLY building that looks more like an industrial fabric/weaving factory than anything else. Good riddance!

Yeah, as part of their agreement to buy the land, they needed to rennovate or demolish the structure. Anyone that has ever seen it recently knows there is no WAY to renovate this thing, it's too far gone.

They are going to start getting fined $426/day until it's demolished. We'll see it gone soon.

How sad to see the PTL condo tower looking like bombed out London from WWII. One must wonder if Jerry Fallwell, the one most responsible for Heritage USA's current state, is happy with this boarded up derelict.

That's great news that the structure will at last get residents.

It has that creepy feeling like the North Korean hotel tower...

Not quite that creepy.

I wonder if there are any upcoming action flicks being filmed that would want to use it for their set. They could implode the tower for a scene. :)

I was down at Heritage USA a few months ago with an out of town guest. It was really sad to see that most of it has been bulldozed over in the past year. The Water Park is flattened, as well as the old Castle and Amphitheatre.

The only remaining parts are the Grand Hotel which is now a church and the condo tower which is empty.

I can remember taking out of town guests down to Heritage USA 15 years ago because it was a fun place to go spend the day. They were also well known for their Christmas light display every year that people would wait in line for hours to see. Oh the good ole days.

Now it is just another generic suburban neighborhood.

What a blast and flashback looking at those pictures. Thanks for taking them.

When I first came to Charlotte nearly 20 years ago, Heritage was still doing their huge Christmas lights display....I went once. It was nice.

Choices.....consequences..... all in a neat little package in Fort Mill.

It is quite fascinating this property, not only the tower but the rest of it, has somehow resisted all attempts to restore it back to what it once was. And even more so, it has just sat here for 20 years in one of the fastest growing metros falling apart like something you would see in the rust belt.

Archived