Cheesecake Factory

J0e

I just had dinner with a friend who recently moved to Memphis @ the Cheesecake Factory in Nashville. This is her ultimate favorite restaurant and apparently she had a conversation with one of the managers at the restaurant here and it seems that there's a Cheesecake Factory in the mix for Memphis. The manager told her that it woul be open within the next year or two, but the location is TBD. Our speculation is that it might pop up in The Avenues lifestyle center in Collierville. It'll be interesting if this does happen. Get ready to wait!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's been in the works for some time in the Memphis area, though it has not yet been determined where it would be built. One speculation was that the Cheesecake Factory was considering a site along the Poplar Avenue corridor in east Memphis (possibly as part of a future retail development on the site of the current Ridgeway Trace apartment complex). I haven't heard anything about them possibly considering a location out in Collierville.

Personally, I like the Cheesecake Factory out in Green Hills as I go there every once in a while. It's a very nice atmosphere.

I just had dinner with a friend who recently moved to Memphis @ the Cheesecake Factory in Nashville. This is her ultimate favorite restaurant and apparently she had a conversation with one of the managers at the restaurant here and it seems that there's a Cheesecake Factory in the mix for Memphis. The manager told her that it woul be open within the next year or two, but the location is TBD. Our speculation is that it might pop up in The Avenues lifestyle center in Collierville. It'll be interesting if this does happen. Get ready to wait!

Yawn...I agree with Tennreb... its like cheering on the opening of another McDonalds. Yeah, it might be tasty, but its nothing special.

I would love to see a desert restaurant open up specializing in local favorites like pecan pies, 7 up cake, ice cream, desert wines and coffee. Especially near a theater so that you can go there right after a movie or play.

I'm forced to agree with the sentiment that the food at the Cheesecake Factory is nothing special. I couldn't see getting too excited about it. It's like Applebees or Chilis with a better image.

That being said, Memphis already has some of the best food in the world (excluding the horrific "pizza" that passes for edible food) so it's nothing to worry about.

I'm forced to agree with the sentiment that the food at the Cheesecake Factory is nothing special. I couldn't see getting too excited about it. It's like Applebees or Chilis with a better image.

That being said, Memphis already has some of the best food in the world (excluding the horrific "pizza" that passes for edible food) so it's nothing to worry about.

Yawn...I agree with Tennreb... its like cheering on the opening of another McDonalds. Yeah, it might be tasty, but its nothing special.

I would love to see a desert restaurant open up specializing in local favorites like pecan pies, 7 up cake, ice cream, desert wines and coffee. Especially near a theater so that you can go there right after a movie or play.

yes, because pecan pie and 7 up cake are just chic beyond belief! Not trying to offend or start a fight with any of you...but the Cheesecake Factory and redneck in the same sentence is just a tad too much. Yes, the Cheesecake Factory may not be a local restaurant, but it's along the lines of a Bonefish or a a Firebirds or a Carrabba's...it's an upscale chain that we should enjoy adding to our city. Furthermore, there cheesecake is extremely good...however, if any of you want amazing, orgasmic cheesecake, go to the Cheesecake Corner on G.E. Patterson right off South Main (it's about two or three doors down from the Arcade and diagonally across from American Apparel)...i had the pecan caramel chocolate chunk cheesecake...woah.

I'd rather that Cheesecake Factory not come so that more money goes to local business, especially since that money is respent in our community. However, that is for the market to decide. I'm not going to get excited about mediocre food, though. Their cheesecake is good but nothing like Cheesecake Corner.

Archived