National Champions

Go Gators

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that. as long as he replaces the D-Line & corners, gets a receiver to compliment Harvin, and a bruising running back to, well, run, I think we'll be ok. I think Tebow brings a tough attitude that spills over to the rest of the team. you can't put a price on that.

I kept saying last summer... we'll win a championship with Tebow before he leaves UF. I keep forgetting that we just won the darn thing.... in his first year. it's sureal.

It's official: UF has concensus #1 recruting class in the nation. Got 11 of Scout's top 53, and 10 of Rivals' top 66.

YET, the story that ESPN ran last night and this am is that USC had the No. 1 class based on Scouts.inc, and that UF had to settle for second place. Well, then Sports Illustrated, THe Sporting News, USA TOday, Scout.com, RIvals.com, and Tom Lemming and Superprep are all a bunch of ignorant assholes.

ESPN are a bunch of hypocrites. they will market their ABC darlings, the ACC teams and the Big 10 teams of the world, which means, they market the PAC 10 teams as well, since they play the Big 10 winner in the Rose.

They are already trying to make a push for USC to be preseason No.1. they will push for Michigan to be No.2 as well, even though UF won the title convinceingly.

Man, I long for the days when Bobby Bowden ruled the NCAA and the UF-FSU game meant something big time.

Ever since FSU declined and OSU beat Miami, ESPN and Herbstreit have been salivating at the mouth to push their Big 10 agenda. Troy Smith was a joke. Laurinaitis was marketed before the season began just b/c they wanted another OSU linebacker to be their golden child. punk. so was Troy Smith.

UF schooled OSU. LSU schooled ND. Mich. got their asses kicked by USC. Now, ESPN's only hope is that if USC is No.1, then the Big 10 winner, if also undefeated, will play them for the title and any and all southern teams will be locked out of the game, like they tried to do this year.

LSU was the BCS Champ in '03. b/c of strength of schedule they got the bid to play OU in the BCS game. USC was crying foul that postseason so the AP voted USC No. 1. THe BCS then took strength of schedule out of it in '04. Auburn was 13-0 and was shut out of the BCS game of USC vs. OU as a result. UF had the toughest schedule in '06, yet Michigan fans and USC fans were all talking trash and ESPN was listening and talking about "style points" just to screw UF (a non-ABC team). Since 2004, Strength of Schedule has never been added back in beyond being a computer poll element. THank God for UCLA to get UF to No. 2. But then Lloyd Carr started his yamering accusing Meyer of saying innapropriate things about Michigan. I guess it's not PC to say that, when asked, you think your kids deserve a shot. Whatever.

UF showed them, but it's starting all over again with this ESPN bullcrap on the recruiting class. What the hell is Scout.inc? It'a an inside-manufactured recruiting poll sosley to push ESPN's agenda. Whay not stick with the recruiting polls everyone else uses? Hypocrites.

And you know what, being that ESPN is sports and that they are owned by ABC and that ABC has its contracts with certain conferences, their biased marketing borders on ANTI-TRUST. It's a monopoly b/c it pushes their agenda.

Just like in 2003 when UF vs. FSU officiated by ACC refs ended with an FSU win after numerous bad calls that all went FSU's way. Since an ACC BCS bid was riding on the outcome, the ACC refs threw the game. UF got screwed b/c they lost the SEC East bid based on a tie-breaker based on the highest ranked team (UF, UGA, UT). Kirk Herbstreit did a segment on the travesty of the calls in that game. THe ACC formally apologized to UF after the game. UF still got screwed.

what a bunch of BS. I hope UF goes 14-0 next year just to spite ABC-ESPN and everyone else.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's set now: UF vs. OSU

Tressel wants redemption. OSU wants redemption from an early season loss by 26 points. Meyer wants entertainment. Donovan wants a 2nd title. The team wants a 2nd title.

Revenge didn't help UCLA keep focus on Saturday. If UF plays smart and focused, they should put themselves in a position to win.

Here's some food for thought about teams with NCAA Championships and how they rank:

1. UCLA------------- 10

2. Kentucky-------- 7

3. Indiana---------- 5

4. UNC-------------- 4

5. Duke------------- 3

T6. Florida------- 2

T6. Kansas---------- 2

T6. Michigan St.---- 2

T6. UConn----------- 2

T6. Oklahoma St.--- 2

T6. NC State-------- 2

T6. Louisville-------- 2

T6. Cincinnatti------- 2

T6. San Francisco--- 2

Yes indeed, very impressive! The Gators have a strong will; they are UCLA's kryptonite. I also want to thank them for helping me win the tournament bracket jack-pot. The SEC had a good showing.

Nice above post on the Football too. Herbstriet's re-match game of Ohio St/Michigan would have been a joke!

Like yall said Florida put a beatdown on Ohio State, I was very happy. The Gator D made Troy Smith look pedestrian-like slow. How did Herbstriet like his crow then??. Us SEC brothers have to try and stick together. Now the respect comes...collegefootballnews.com gives the SEC it's props.

Please bring on USC...I REALLY wanted LSU to play USC this Bowl Season; for the 03' crap. I got so sick of hearing USC saying they were going for a "3-Peat" vs. Texas(I became a Vince Young fan quickly). It was not LSU's fault the BSC chose Oklahoma. The Hollywood bias + LA has no NFL team is part to blame+ disrespect to the South. Then Auburn being dismissed in 04'. I hope a SEC team is in the Championship game EVERY YEAR from now on.

Don't worry about USC's #1 recruiting class; three years from now they can check the stats. In some recruiting publications 7 SEC teams finished in the Top 20!

Yes indeed, very impressive! The Gators have a strong will; they are UCLA's kryptonite. I also want to thank them for helping me win the tournament bracket jack-pot. The SEC had a good showing.

Nice above post on the Football too. Herbstriet's re-match game of Ohio St/Michigan would have been a joke!

Like yall said Florida put a beatdown on Ohio State, I was very happy. The Gator D made Troy Smith look pedestrian-like slow. How did Herbstriet like his crow then??. Us SEC brothers have to try and stick together. Now the respect comes...collegefootballnews.com gives the SEC it's props.

Please bring on USC...I REALLY wanted LSU to play USC this Bowl Season; for the 03' crap. I got so sick of hearing USC saying they were going for a "3-Peat" vs. Texas(I became a Vince Young fan quickly). It was not LSU's fault the BSC chose Oklahoma. The Hollywood bias + LA has no NFL team is part to blame+ disrespect to the South. Then Auburn being dismissed in 04'. I hope a SEC team is in the Championship game EVERY YEAR from now on.

Don't worry about USC's #1 recruiting class; three years from now they can check the stats. In some recruiting publications 7 SEC teams finished in the Top 20!

I'd pay to see LSU vs. USC :thumbsup:

• 4 years later...

Congratulations to the newest NCAA Football National Champions, the Florida Gators. It is also the first time in history that a school has won a basketball and football national championship in the same year. What a great year for the Gators and the entire State of Florida!

GO GATORS!!

Yeah,I do think that that this year is really good for the Gators.I really congratulate all the winner teams for putting there max in order to win these trophies for the gators.Hope that they repeat this performance next year too.

Archived