Big Story at International Consumer Electronics Show

mgreven

The Big Story for CES 2007: the Public Debut of eCoupled Intelligent Wireless Powe

Fulton Innovation LLC and its Partners Debut Technology That Enables Intelligent Wireless Power Transfer

The 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the world's largest annual tradeshow for consumer technology, will serve as the public debut of eCoupled, a revolutionary new technology that allows for the transmission of power and data without the traditional restraints of cords and ports.

eCoupled technology is a revolutionary new development of Fulton Innovation -- a member of the Alticor Inc. family of corporations.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read about this and it's pretty amazing. Electrical current traveling through the air in a magnetic field. Imagine not having to plug things into outlets anymore. It sounds like they're pushing it so that it will work with appliances and office machines, and in one application they're working with some of the auto interior companies to create cupholder cell phone docks that don't need to be hard-wired to the car's battery.

I read about this and it's pretty amazing. Electrical current traveling through the air in a magnetic field. Imagine not having to plug things into outlets anymore. It sounds like they're pushing it so that it will work with appliances and office machines, and in one application they're working with some of the auto interior companies to create cupholder cell phone docks that don't need to be hard-wired to the car's battery.

Right now, it sounds like they are mainly targeting this technology for recharging cell phones, IPOD's, PDA's etc. , by placing these devices in an eCoupled "hotspot". But the eCoupled system is capable of transmitting up to 1400 watts within an inch or so of the base.

Here are a couple of more articles (not press releases put out by the company):

Gadgets freed of binding cables - Chicago Tribune

Alticor cuts wires - GR Business Journal

http://news.google.com/news?ie=UTF-8&o...tnG=Search+News

• 1 year later...

A little over a year later and eCoupled Technology is slowly building steam. The idea I found the most intriguing in this new article in the Press is the idea of having eCoupled "Hot Spots" on tables in coffee shops, completely negating the need to plug in your laptop while you're working away on it. I can't tell you how many times I've searched coffee shops, Panera Breads and other places for the nearest outlet, so I can save precious battery power for when I really need it.

http://blog.mlive.com/chronicle/2008/04/ad...s_wireless.html

Also at:

Apple Insider

Earth Times

For Construction Pros

The Future of Things

And eCoupled's vision of a wireless office:

http://64.202.120.86/upload/image/new-news...ess-power-2.jpg

Archived