3 new restaurants in Evans

CanukInAugusta

Driving around Evans today @ lunch I noticed 3 new restaurants that are in various stages of construction:

- Patagonia Grill (South American)

- Goolsby's (Seafood)

- Red Robin (burgers, located in Mullins crossing)

Anyone have any info on either Goolsby's or Patagonia? I did a google search on Goolsby's and it looks like they have another restaurant in Appling.

I'm familiar with Red Robin; they are mainly a West Coast upscale hamburger restaurant.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canuk, try the Southside of Augusta. There used to be some decent Dim-Sum places there years ago, not sure if any of them still exist. There are a couple of hole in the wall Korean places down there too. Bad atmosphere but good food. I once had a Korean prostitute try to pick me up at one of those places so beware.

Oh btw, didnt know Sho-Chin's was reasonable. Just looks upscale from the outside. Ill have to try it sometime.

Wow, I didn't know Appling had restaurants!!! :)

I'm curious to try all of these new places. For a long time Evans was without even the most basic of chain restaurants. Then it started attracting the basic chains, and now it's getting some more unique restaurants. It's really growing up.

A little off topic...but is that Chloe' boutique in the same shopping center as Patagonia Grille and Goolsbys part of the French brand chain or is it a local knock off? Im guessing, if it is real Chloe', it is makeup and perfume only and not clothing which would only have stores in NYC and LA, (In the US).

• 3 months later...

I'll be opening a new restaurant in Evans in the next year. Augusta is my territory. It includes Aiken, Evans, Martinez and even to Greenwood SC. I'm franchising and have angreement for 5 stores in the territory. I've chosen Evans as my first site. I'm looking forward to the challenge. I will be new to the area so I may be asking you guys lots of questions regarding the Augusta area. Looks like this is the right forum to do so.

I'll be opening a new restaurant in Evans in the next year. Augusta is my territory. It includes Aiken, Evans, Martinez and even to Greenwood SC. I'm franchising and have angreement for 5 stores in the territory. I've chosen Evans as my first site. I'm looking forward to the challenge. I will be new to the area so I may be asking you guys lots of questions regarding the Augusta area. Looks like this is the right forum to do so.

Just had lunch at Dino's on Furys Ferry. They have fast food greek food.

They will be opening a second location at the new shopping center accross from Walmart. The name of the strip mall is 'The Shoppes at Camelot', and actually looks pretty upscale.

Archived