3 new restaurants in Evans

CanukInAugusta

My husband tried to get us in that center. The realtor told him she had space available. Then when he was ready to sign a LOI she informed him she already had two restaurants signed and couldn't put another one there. He asked her if maybe Dino had a price he would take to release that site but it would've been too steep as he already had a lot of expenses incurred. He has a great site there. The realtor kind of got my husbands hope up. Oh well we'll find somewhere to go. I believe a Shane's Rib Shack is going in that center also?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FGA,

I know Evans is hot but have you ever considered a location in the Wheeler Rd./Walton Way extension area, (West Augusta)? This area is hot now but Id suspect within the next 5 years the area is going to be on fire, especially with the new Power Center planned for the Wheeler rd. exit of I-20, ADP putting its temporary, (and probably permanent) offices on Wheeler rd, and the Forum mixed use development on WWE and I-20. Then you have all the existing office and retail space, the Doctors Hospital, the Augusta mall expansion (only several miles away) and the new interchanges at Bobby Jones and WWE. Its the closest you can get to a real "edge city" in the Augusta area.

Another great area is North Augusta. Just across the river from DT Augusta, that town is booming, both in its Dowtown area and in the suburbs.

FGA,

I know Evans is hot but have you ever considered a location in the Wheeler Rd./Walton Way extension area, (West Augusta)? This area is hot now but Id suspect within the next 5 years the area is going to be on fire, especially with the new Power Center planned for the Wheeler rd. exit of I-20, ADP putting its temporary, (and probably permanent) offices on Wheeler rd, and the Forum mixed use development on WWE and I-20. Then you have all the existing office and retail space, the Doctors Hospital, the Augusta mall expansion (only several miles away) and the new interchanges at Bobby Jones and WWE. Its the closest you can get to a real "edge city" in the Augusta area.

Another great area is North Augusta. Just across the river from DT Augusta, that town is booming, both in its Dowtown area and in the suburbs.

Are they building a new shopping center there or something? If so, its about time, Im suprised that exit isnt already loaded down with retail and lodging. I tend to agree with Buckeye, its not as hot as the other areas mentioned, but it will probably be booming in the next few years, especially once the Villages go up just a mile or two across the river.

I think that area of NA is starting to boom though. Sage Valley Golf Club (google it if you haven't heard of it) is just a few exits down, which has caused a lot of growth in that area. In the same way, so has Mount Vintage. Two of the top courses in SC, both in the same general area, and both spuring a lot of growth. Plus, it's close to the Irish Travelers. :camera:

Welcome to the forum BuckeyinGA.

I'd like to agree with Socaguy's earlier comments about the area around Wheeler/BBJ. It is truly a very hot place right now. You should definately take a closer look there (My comments are in no way biased because that is a closer location to me than Evans).

FGA,

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, the bagel factory (on Washington, next to the soon to be built Home Depot) is now closed.

The new home depot is supposed to have a food store (less than 1/2 mile from a Walmart, Kroegers, and Publix. ?????), and also 2 new restaurants.

Also, opposite Club Car (also on Washinton) ANOTHER strip maill is getting built; Park Place (kind of a pretentious name, IMHO for a strip mall).

Boy, that is going to be a lot of new retail space hitting the market at the same time!

Umm.....yeah. Way too much if you ask me. Just in that one area of Evans you will have Marshall sq. (UC according to Canuk), Home Depot Center, Mullins sq. phase 2, The new upscale shopping center going up next to the relatively new one with Patagonia and Chloe, and now this new Park Place. Not to mention 2-3 new strip malls have been finished in that area in the past year. Its Gwinnett County all over again!!

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday the husband and I were in Evans, We went by the new center across from Wal Mart. We met Dino who is about to open his 2nd rest there at that site. He's a real nice guy, very helpful, his store looks great. I believe he's about to open, and will do great at that site. Had we been early enough we would've went in to that center. There's suppose to be 2 other restaurants coming to that center. I have no idea what's the hold up?

The good news is we've found a site. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks we can have something in writing. We're excited about coming to Augusta.

Yesterday the husband and I were in Evans, We went by the new center across from Wal Mart. We met Dino who is about to open his 2nd rest there at that site. He's a real nice guy, very helpful, his store looks great. I believe he's about to open, and will do great at that site. Had we been early enough we would've went in to that center. There's suppose to be 2 other restaurants coming to that center. I have no idea what's the hold up?

The good news is we've found a site. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks we can have something in writing. We're excited about coming to Augusta.

• 1 month later...

^ How about the Whole Foods that's coming to Fury's Ferry. I heard that on Austin Rhodes yesterday. Now, I'm not sure if that's a mistake or not, because I'd heard that an upscale grocery out of Asheville was opening up there.....

Yes, Doris Diamonds goes back to what it used to be: a bar. Put a drive-through daquiri there like they had when it was Fat Tuesday's and we're in business. I've said it before: This town used to be so much cooler.

Steak N Shake has the greatest milkshakes I've ever had in my life (for a resonable price too). Ben and Jerry's is overpriced!!!

^ How about the Whole Foods that's coming to Fury's Ferry. I heard that on Austin Rhodes yesterday. Now, I'm not sure if that's a mistake or not, because I'd heard that an upscale grocery out of Asheville was opening up there.....

Yes, Doris Diamonds goes back to what it used to be: a bar. Put a drive-through daquiri there like they had when it was Fat Tuesday's and we're in business. I've said it before: This town used to be so much cooler.

Steak N Shake has the greatest milkshakes I've ever had in my life (for a resonable price too). Ben and Jerry's is overpriced!!!

Archived