NHL

nashvillwill

Well, just discovered this topic and found that there is not much about the NHL. Any hockey fans out there?

Now that it is about mid-season what are everyones thoughts? Who is hot? Who is not?

All-star game predictions?

Can Anaheim hold the lead?

What about the Sabres?

just wanted to see everyones thoughts.

FYI- here is my input.....GO PREDATORS!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a while, I was partial to Columbus and Philly since they had a higher former-Whaler ratio than other teams, but these days that almost doesn't apply. The Bruins would be the next choice since I can see them every game on TV, but I have a real hard time rooting for the Whalers biggest rival. I think at this point I just root for some players, I'd like to see Ovechkin do really well, the same with LeCavalier and Kovalchuk....

The wings have surprised me so far this year. Who would have thought that Hasek would play so well again, etc. Its still a long year though.

MadVald, your three goalies might as well be the three all star goalies in the west this season. How'd you manage to get all of those?

I drafted Hasek and Cam Ward. Giguere went undrafted and I picked him up on day 3 off waivers. It pissed me off that I had a Hurricane on the team, so I picked up Mark Andre Fleury, he started to flounder and I picked up Khabibulin who had just come off the DL. I then noticed that Vokoun went down and kept a sharp eye on Chris Mason, when he started getting some shutouts I flopped Khabibulin. I'm way over my limit for Center games, so I just made a trade of Patrick Marleau and Markov from the Canadiens for Nick Lidstrom and Martin Havlat.....

I drafted Hasek and Cam Ward. Giguere went undrafted and I picked him up on day 3 off waivers. It pissed me off that I had a Hurricane on the team, so I picked up Mark Andre Fleury, he started to flounder and I picked up Khabibulin who had just come off the DL. I then noticed that Vokoun went down and kept a sharp eye on Chris Mason, when he started getting some shutouts I flopped Khabibulin. I'm way over my limit for Center games, so I just made a trade of Patrick Marleau and Markov from the Canadiens for Nick Lidstrom and Martin Havlat.....

Not too shabby :D

Well, I also picked up Jerome Iginla in the 5th round, which was low if you ask me, and he was starting to show MVP numbers before he got hurt. Stupidly, I dropped Martin Straka early, and he's having a career year, but I kept Michael Nylander, who is also having a career year (why couldn't he have played like this with the Whalers). I also drafted Phillippe Boucher and Sheldon Souray, so my D is awesome. Needless to say, I'm creaming the rest of the guys....

Fan here! Sharks 4 life! Used to have season tix every year before we moved.

Anaheim looks like it can hold the lead, but it seems like when they drop games, it's always to a league doormat like Phoenix. Makes you wonder a tad bit about their character, if maybe they're gettin a bit full of themselves. Still, I've seen them on the ice and they're good, very good. They're decent passers, but have some great skating ability and some fair physical prowess. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, GO SHARKS!!!

Buffalo looks to be a big contender from the east but New Jersey can never be counted out. In the west, any of Detroit, Nashville, Dallas, Anaheim, San Jose, or a fringe team could win it. Buffalo looks so good right now though.
tough lose to boston last night.

^who do you guys think are the playoff teams this year?

Hmmm....

I'll go for my favorite team -- (really team 1b, team 1a is dormant.) -- Team1b is the Lightning, followed by Atlanta. I also am looking at the Nashville Peds -- since they might move (to Hartford!).

Nashville fans, if they do move, there's a city who would take care of them -- Hartford!! Long live the Whalers!!!

JimS

I also am looking at the Nashville Peds -- since they might move (to Hartford!).

Nashville fans, if they do move, there's a city who would take care of them -- Hartford!! Long live the Whalers!!!

JimS

I went to a preds game last year while in Nashville. They have a really nice arena there and it was a good game expierience. Hopefully more people can get into hockey there but its kind of hard to do when there is limited coverage of games outside of your market.

Hmmm....

I'll go for my favorite team -- (really team 1b, team 1a is dormant.) -- Team1b is the Lightning, followed by Atlanta. I also am looking at the Nashville Peds -- since they might move (to Hartford!).

JimS

the preds aren't going anywhere. the owner said he is definatly keeping them in nashville. he's simply looking for some local ownership to help drum up business. i'm sure a nice big shiny cup is going to help with that too ;)