NHL

nashvillwill

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ I expected and picked the Rangers and Ottawa to win, but didn't think they would do it this quick. Very impressive sweep for the Rangers.

My Devs are not playing good hockey right now, or not playing "Devils hockey". But thankfully even so are still tied in the series and should have the momentum going back to Jersey tonight, still confident they will pull off the win for this series. That being said, Rangers would face Buffalo in the second round (dont think Islanders will make it past tonight). This would be a huge test for them, but I think the Sabres are just too deep.

And how about Calgary pulling out another win last night. I fell asleep last night halfway through the game, but am surprised they are even close in this series. What is with Detroit and the playoffs??????

^^^ I expected and picked the Rangers and Ottawa to win, but didn't think they would do it this quick. Very impressive sweep for the Rangers.

My Devs are not playing good hockey right now, or not playing "Devils hockey". But thankfully even so are still tied in the series and should have the momentum going back to Jersey tonight, still confident they will pull off the win for this series. That being said, Rangers would face Buffalo in the second round (dont think Islanders will make it past tonight). This would be a huge test for them, but I think the Sabres are just too deep.

And how about Calgary pulling out another win last night. I fell asleep last night halfway through the game, but am surprised they are even close in this series. What is with Detroit and the playoffs??????

the rangers sweep really surprised me, also I thought minnesota was gonna play a lot better than they did.

Detroit and Nashville play in a weak division so their point totals are a tad inflated. Playing St. Louis, Columbus, and Chicago eight times a year can really help your record out. I'm not surprised at all that Calgary is in this series, they match up real well with Detroit.

I just hope Detroit can get it done this weekend. :thumbsup:

Now there's a good call on my part....

I had the rangers too, but I didn't think they were going to be that dominant.

buffalo2.jpg

buffalo2.jpg Sabres Win In Five buffalo2.jpg

Game 1: Sabres - 4 Islanders - 1

Game 2: Islanders - 3 Sabres - 2

Game 3: Sabres - 3 Islanders - 2

Game 4: Sabres - 4 Islanders - 2

Game 5: Sabres - 4 Islanders - 3

My predictions for the second round:

Sabres over the Rangers in 5 games. I dont think the Rangers will have the same type of play against a very very deep Buffalo team.

Devils over the Senators in 7 games. Hard to call, but I'm biased and call the Devils. Will surely go at least 6, if not 7 games. Great 2003 Eastern Conference finals rematch.......

Still waiting on the west matchups.

newjersey.jpg

newjersey.jpgDevils Win In Six newjersey.jpg

Game 1: Devils - 5 Lightning - 3

Game 2: Lightning - 3 Devils - 2

Game 3: Lightning - 3 Devils - 2

Game 4: Devils - 4 Lightning - 3 [OT]

Game 5: Devils - 3 Lightning - 0

Game 6: Devils - 3 Lightning - 2

I could not believe the way the Tampa Bay fans were booing their team during and after game 6, and in their own building. TB played hard yesterday, and came close to tying up the game late in the 3rd period. Shame on TB fans for showing little class.

EASTERN

1. buf.gif vs. 6. nyr.gif

2. njd.gif vs. 4. ott.gif

WESTERN

1. det.gif vs. 5. san.gif

2. ana.gif vs. 3. van.gif

pick'um

I think the Rangers are tougher than we think, Buffalo in 7

This isn't New Jersey's year (unless Martin Brodeur gets hot, which he could) Ottawa in 7

Detroit doesn't impress me, Sharks are strong, Sharks in 6

Ducks and Canucks could go to the better goaltender, I think Pronger and Neidermeyer make the difference in SoG, Ducks in 6

Great matchups though.

Actually I dont think the Rangers are as good as everyone is predicting (and not because im a Devs fan), partly because I think the Thrashers were overrated. We'll see how NY does against a deep 4 lines. They would be smart to be very physical against Buffalo. Buffalo in 5

The Senators are still going to have their playoff woes. Devils in 7.

I'm not all that impressed with Detroit either, but I'm still going with them. Detroit in 6

Anaheim has a great team, I'm picking them to come out of the west. Ducks in 5

However it plays out, I'm looking forward to all of these matchups :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Rangers are tougher than we think, Buffalo in 7

This isn't New Jersey's year (unless Martin Brodeur gets hot, which he could) Ottawa in 7

Detroit doesn't impress me, Sharks are strong, Sharks in 6

Ducks and Canucks could go to the better goaltender, I think Pronger and Neidermeyer make the difference in SoG, Ducks in 6

Great matchups though.

Well, I'm doing ok so far.....