NHL

nashvillwill

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and did anyone catch the Penguins - Bruins game last night. Crosby had a Gordie Howe hat trick with the first fight of his NHL career. He did pretty good too, and I would say he won the fight, connecting more punches then Ferrance(sp?). I went back and forth between that game and watching Gaborik light up the Rangers. It was a good night in the NHL..... :)

B's Penguins was a good game last night, except it is another night where the B's lose a shootout. They need to win more of those.

Just curious about your reactions to this:

The other day I was talking about Chris Simon and the idea of "Hockey Hell" came up. Hockey Hell is a place for players who are forever banished from the good graces of the Hockey Gods. Basically the only qualification was that the players are all cheap-shot artists and general dirtbags. Here's what we came up with as a roster for Hockey Hell:

Chris Simon

Claude Lemieux

Ulf Samuelsson

Dale Hunter

Jordin Tootoo

Darcy Tucker

Billy Smith

Bobby Clarke

Darius Kasparitis

Jesse Boulerice

Sean Avery

Bryan Marchment

Matthew Barnaby

Thoughts? Anyone you'd add or subtract? I almost put Ron Hextall on there for being a cheap-shot artist, but I always liked the guy's heart and willingness to fight anyone, plus he scored TWO goals.

• 1 month later...

So, we have passed the All-Star break. What do you guys think? My Preds are hot! It was so nice to be able to watch hockey on NBC today. Down south we don't get much hockey on the big networks. Which reminds me, the New Years Day game was spectacular. To bad Sid is now injured. Ovechkin is a rich man now, and rightly so. The Red Wings are incredible. The Central Division went from what many though would be the toughest in the league, to a bunch of bottom feeders(yes, my boys included). I am really excited about the new scheduling format for next season. Although i love the Western Conference, there is so much talent in the East that i never get to see in person. When i see a broadcast of 2 Eastern teams, I feel like i am watching a different sport. Don't misunderstand me you Eastern faithful, we kick some ar-se out here, i just feel like i miss so much since our closest divisional rival is a 6 hour drive away. However, I am a goalie fanatic, and there are so many great ones in the East!

Thought?

So, we have passed the All-Star break. What do you guys think? My Preds are hot! It was so nice to be able to watch hockey on NBC today. Down south we don't get much hockey on the big networks.

I cannot recommend the NHL Center Ice package strongly enough. I know the price tag for a whole season is a little steep, but you can get a half-season package now for like $150. When you consider that you're getting something like 10 games per night for the next few months, you're paying about 25 cents per game (or something like that). I follow the Boston Bruins, which means I get to see my team ~8 times per year on broadcast networks (which is better than it used to be when they were losing). Since I got Center Ice right after the new year, I haven't missed a single one of their games. It's a HUGE improvement in the experience of being a fan... plus you get cool stuff like Hockey Night in Canada, which blows away even the higher-quality American broadcasts.

Which reminds me, the New Years Day game was spectacular. To bad Sid is now injured. Ovechkin is a rich man now, and rightly so. The Red Wings are incredible. The Central Division went from what many though would be the toughest in the league, to a bunch of bottom feeders(yes, my boys included).

I am beginning to think Ovechkin may be the best player I've ever seen, which says a lot after the Mario and Gretzky years. But he is the real deal, as his 4-point, three-injury performance against the Habs will attest. Last night against Columbus I tuned in during OT and basically just kept my eye on him the whole time he was on the ice... and sure enough he scored with ease to win the game. Just an unbelievable, complete player that will definitely win a lot of hardware before it's all over.

Edited by Justadude

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's getting close to the end... most teams have 2 games left and only a couple of playoff seeds are decided. A lot is going to hinge on this week -- will the Caps make it in? If so, will the Hurricanes fall out after leading the division all season? Is it conceivable the Sens could miss the playoffs after their great run? Will the Preds have enough left in the tank to fend off the Canucks? And good lord, the Northwest Division...

2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Eastern Conference

1mon.gif Montreal Canadiens

vs.

8bos2.gif Boston Bruins

(Montreal Leads 8-0 in the series)

2pit.gif Pittsburgh Penguins

vs.

7ott2.gif Ottawa Senators

(Ottawa Leads 3-1 in the series)

3was2.jpg Washington Capitals

vs.