Chris Dodd puts in bid for president

runawayjim

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan. He seems to be a guy that votes the party line all the time. In my opinion, that makes him a shill with no personality or views. He does have seniority and does well for CT, I'd rather him stay where he is than try to get a higher office...

No problem. I wonder how well he'll run. His name recognition is not very strong outside of New England, so he's going have to try to get some major media attention to counter what some of the other potential candidates have been getting.

Well, i predict that Dodd's bid is over now that he has jumped into the Confederate flag controversy in South Carolina. Biden has made the same mistake as well. Both seem to lack the savvy to know better than to stir up that hornet's nest. They are making exactly the same mistake that Kerry made by pissing off most of the South and no Democratic candidate can win office without winning at least a few Southern states. The fact of the matter is this action won't gain them any voters and will cost them plenty. The one thing that supporters and opponents of the flag will agree to is that the last thing they need is a yankee showing up to tell them what to do about it.

He would have gotten a lot more traction if he had shown up with some plans on what he was going to do about the real issues facing the people.

Well, i predict that Dodd's bid is over now that he has jumped into the Confederate flag controversy in South Carolina. Biden has made the same mistake as well. Both seem to lack the savvy to know better than to stir up that hornet's nest. They are making exactly the same mistake that Kerry made by pissing off most of the South and no Democratic candidate can win office without winning at least a few Southern states. The fact of the matter is this action won't gain them any voters and will cost them plenty. The one thing that supporters and opponents of the flag will agree to is that the last thing they need is a yankee showing up to tell them what to do about it.

He would have gotten a lot more traction if he had shown up with some plans on what he was going to do about the real issues facing the people.

All:

I doubt Chris has a chance. The reasons are the following --

1) He is a LIBERAL from a northeastern State. Dodd does NOT have a centrist bone in his body. At least Obama has - in the media, at least - some centrist views. (Never heard them from Obama, but the DBM said it!)

2) More are in the race -- Obama (the DBM's darling at the moment), her highness (Hillary), John Edwards (Mr. Two America's), John Kerry, Al Gore -- so Dodd ideas will be drowned out.

3) Dodd has the name recogition in Connecticut -- his dad, Thomas, was an HONORABLE man -- Chris isn't. Tom Dodd was a moderate and anti-communist, but his son is a LIBERAL -- works in the Northeast, and the Pacific Coast, but he'll have a tough time where values matter.

Now, would I like to see Dodd win the White House? In a way yes. It would be nice to see if John Larson would get a job in his cabinet. and I'd love to see if UConn would get the presidental Library :) and I would like to see what Dodd would do for middle class Americans.

Now for a bit of Reality, Connecticut has 7 electorial votes, do you think the Democratic -- or even the Republicans - would nominate someone from a small state? I doubt Biden from Delaware has a chance.

JimS

All:

I doubt Chris has a chance. The reasons are the following --

1) He is a LIBERAL from a northeastern State. Dodd does NOT have a centrist bone in his body. At least Obama has - in the media, at least - some centrist views. (Never heard them from Obama, but the DBM said it!)

2) More are in the race -- Obama (the DBM's darling at the moment), her highness (Hillary), John Edwards (Mr. Two America's), John Kerry, Al Gore -- so Dodd ideas will be drowned out.

3) Dodd has the name recogition in Connecticut -- his dad, Thomas, was an HONORABLE man -- Chris isn't. Tom Dodd was a moderate and anti-communist, but his son is a LIBERAL -- works in the Northeast, and the Pacific Coast, but he'll have a tough time where values matter.

Now, would I like to see Dodd win the White House? In a way yes. It would be nice to see if John Larson would get a job in his cabinet. and I'd love to see if UConn would get the presidental Library :) and I would like to see what Dodd would do for middle class Americans.

Now for a bit of Reality, Connecticut has 7 electorial votes, do you think the Democratic -- or even the Republicans - would nominate someone from a small state? I doubt Biden from Delaware has a chance.

JimS

I don't think Dodd has a snowball's chance in hell however there is no need to constantly villify Liberals, JimS. I consider myself as one, and proudly. Everyone will not agree and world view is shaped by one's own perspective and experiences. Remember that. My experiences in life completely preclude me from holding conservative viewpoints. I couldn't if I wanted to because I just don't beleive in much of what conservatives say. That does not make me or any other liberal a bad person or politician. Some conservatives have some good ideas and I would never villify them all, even though it is tempting to do so.

i notice your stress on the word "liberal". any reason you think a liberal would be bad for the country? frankly, i'm not sure it'd be a bad idea at the moment. bush and the old republican congress kept cutting taxes and giving tax breaks to the rich while spending more money. at least the democrats and the liberals know that they have to fund any spending somehow.

runawayJim:

Yes, and the tax cuts HELPED the economy coming out of the Clinton recession - and 9/11. You guys love to say TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH, excuse me I'm not rich -- I'm a business owner and I work hard -- so it is MY MONEY -- NOT THE GOVERNMENT!! I don't ask for ANYTHING from the government except to protect my FREEDOM -- from TERRORISTS!

Jim S

I don't think Dodd has a snowball's chance in hell however there is no need to constantly villify Liberals, JimS. I consider myself as one, and proudly. Everyone will not agree and world view is shaped by one's own perspective and experiences. Remember that. My experiences in life completely preclude me from holding conservative viewpoints. I couldn't if I wanted to because I just don't believe in much of what conservatives say. That does not make me or any other liberal a bad person or politician. Some conservatives have some good ideas and I would never villify them all, even though it is tempting to do so.

runawayJim:

Yes, and the tax cuts HELPED the economy coming out of the Clinton recession - and 9/11. You guys love to say TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH, excuse me I'm not rich -- I'm a business owner and I work hard -- so it is MY MONEY -- NOT THE GOVERNMENT!! I don't ask for ANYTHING from the government except to protect my FREEDOM -- from TERRORISTS!

Jim S

That's your opinion of what you want from your government. I want improved access to education, training programs, healthcare, etc. That's my opinion. I'm entitled to it. Not saying that anything is wrong with your view, it's just that in my experiences I feel there is a need for the government to do a lot more than protect me from terrorist. I have more pressing everyday needs that matter more to me on a daily basis. I also don't mind paying taxes, if I feel like the government services implemented are worthwhile and I am doing well enough to contribute.

Am I the only one that remembers the minor sensation involving Chris Dodd back in 1990?

Turns out Chris Dodd has a lot more in common with Ted Kennedy than just being Democrats from the Northeast. They used to be big time drinking buddies. And when drinking is mentioned about Ted Kennedy, you all know what that means.

The two reportedly were boozing it up in a D.C. club and Ted struck up a quick friendship with a waitress on duty. Before long Teddy and his new friend were enjoying themselves on top of a pool table which was being stored in a back room. Chris joined them shortly with a new friend he had just made, another waitress at the bar. A little Capitol Hill orgy I guess you could say........

Imagine what people in the country will think when they are reminded of this little event! I'm no prude, and I don't give a damn what two consenting adults choose to do. But when someone is representing our country, their behavior should not decend to this level of sleaze. What about getting a hotel room and keeping it at least quasi-discreet?

Archived