Urban Outfitters anyone?

nashvillwill

OK, so many might think this is dumb, but i thought it is worth a shot. I also hope it isn't against board rules (i have no ties to the company).

If any of you have ever been to an Urban Outfitters you know that it is a very cool, stylish store. They also have a reputation of their stores being very...well...urban. You know street-front/downtown style buildings. I think this would be the perfect store to help spark alot of new downtown retail.

Anyways, i have been writing the company trying to lobby for one. I also have many friends doing the same. So if you want to lend a hand and help bring this cool store to Nashvegas lets email them and tell them so.

URBAN OUTFITTERS EMAIL LINK

hell, i'll even make it easy. if you want you can copy paste this message to send them.

Dear Urban Outfitters,

I would like to express my wish for a U.O. location in Nashville. I enjoy your stores and wish to have one locally. Nashville is a quickly growing city, with alot to offer it's citizens. An Urban Outfitters would be a great addition to the shopping in town.

Thank you for your time.

anyways, if you want an urban outfitters in Nashille, great! if you think i'm crazy....i already know this! thanks guys!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nashville could support an U.O. I'm afraid a store in Nashville would end up in a mall, like the big U.O. in Lenox Square [?] mall in Atlanta. I emailed the Nashviille Chamber of Commerce a few years ago to see if they were familiar with the store, and whoever responded wasn't familiar.

At least Nashville has American Apparel now. I recommend checking out the store to those who haven't. It's a couple doors down from Hatch Show Print.

OK, so many might think this is dumb, but i thought it is worth a shot. I also hope it isn't against board rules (i have no ties to the company).

If any of you have ever been to an Urban Outfitters you know that it is a very cool, stylish store. They also have a reputation of their stores being very...well...urban. You know street-front/downtown style buildings. I think this would be the perfect store to help spark alot of new downtown retail.

Anyways, i have been writing the company trying to lobby for one. I also have many friends doing the same. So if you want to lend a hand and help bring this cool store to Nashvegas lets email them and tell them so.

URBAN OUTFITTERS EMAIL LINK

hell, i'll even make it easy. if you want you can copy paste this message to send them.

Dear Urban Outfitters,

I would like to express my wish for a U.O. location in Nashville. I enjoy your stores and wish to have one locally. Nashville is a quickly growing city, with alot to offer it's citizens. An Urban Outfitters would be a great addition to the shopping in town.

Thank you for your time.

anyways, if you want an urban outfitters in Nashille, great! if you think i'm crazy....i already know this! thanks guys!

I will let you know that aside from Atlanta, there is an Urban Outfitters in Birmingham at the Summit. The Summit is an extremely successful open-air lifestyle center. In fact, it was the first lifestyle center in the U.S. when it opened around November 1997. Since then several additional phases have been built.

Right now, lifestyle centers are the trend; very few enclosed mall are currently being built.

I will let you know that aside from Atlanta, there is an Urban Outfitters in Birmingham at the Summit. The Summit is an extremely successful open-air lifestyle center. In fact, it was the first lifestyle center in the U.S. when it opened around November 1997. Since then several additional phases have been built.

Right now, lifestyle centers are the trend; very few enclosed mall are currently being built.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mall at Green Hills gave American Cafe the boot. With both an internal and external exit, this location is the likely new home of Urban Outfitters.

Also, Stuart Weitzman shoes is taking the place of the old Benneton which is locating to a new spot across from Pottery Barn.

The old Metro Deluxe sight, however, is still vacant. With Davis Street managing the mall, however, I would put my money on one of the following stores to take its place: Sur La Table (much like a mixed bag of Crate and Barrell and Williams-Sonoma), Kenneth Cole, Oilily, or an expanded Banana Republic--replete with a BR petities. All of these stores are staples at their other malls.

Here's the buzz on American Cafe spot in Green Hills--don't expect an Urban Outfitters, but rather a new and updated Brooks Brothers. As for the old Brooks Brothers space, I have no idea.

Urban Outfitters may never come--at least not now. There's not enough available space at the mall. The old Metro Deluxe space, though large, is too small for a store like UO that sells clothes, furniture, and bric-a-brac.

Hmm, so it's going to be one of those new Brooks Brothers 346 like the one @ CSG?

Here's the buzz on American Cafe spot in Green Hills--don't expect an Urban Outfitters, but rather a new and updated Brooks Brothers. As for the old Brooks Brothers space, I have no idea.

Urban Outfitters may never come--at least not now. There's not enough available space at the mall. The old Metro Deluxe space, though large, is too small for a store like UO that sells clothes, furniture, and bric-a-brac.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived