Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dimebag1980

CenturyTel Center

15 posts in this topic

That is impressive.

The RiverCenter in BR will never make that list. Both LSU and SU have nice sized arena's that attract events that normally should be held downtown at the RiverCenter.

Good to hear :thumbsup: I think I have seen Century Tel make some other impressive list in the past too.

Speaking of CenturyTel Center, anyone going to see the blue man group? If you haven't heard of the blue man group, google it. Or try youtube.

Speaking of CenturyTel Center, anyone going to see the blue man group? If you haven't heard of the blue man group, google it. Or try youtube.

They're awesome and I wish I were going. We've had other things come up, though... like my photography addiction... that we've been spending way too much money on! :lol:

I will say, though, that I second this. Anyone who hasn't seen them in action REALLY needs to check 'em out on YouTube or catch the PBS special about them the next time it comes on.

the wifes birthday is that day.. would be cool though! dang there goes those jets again! anybody else been hearing and seeing F-15's all week long?

the wifes birthday is that day.. would be cool though! dang there goes those jets again! anybody else been hearing and seeing F-15's all week long?

Often times you will see aircraft other than B-52s fly around here. Those planes may be what we call "transient aircraft" which means, they are on their way home or on their way to somewhere and they stop for refuel or to take a break. Sometimes they stop for a failed part and may sit here until a repair team can come fix it. Also, keep in mind that the airshow is coming up. So, they very well may be practicing for that. This year the Thunderbirds will be here. Anyone going?

Often times you will see aircraft other than B-52s fly around here. Those planes may be what we call "transient aircraft" which means, they are on their way home or on their way to somewhere and they stop for refuel or to take a break. Sometimes they stop for a failed part and may sit here until a repair team can come fix it. Also, keep in mind that the airshow is coming up. So, they very well may be practicing for that. This year the Thunderbirds will be here. Anyone going?

Ex-Air Force here. What you say is true about the transient a/c. When is the airshow? I certainly would like to go this year. BTW-the noise from flying doesn't bother me in the least-I've slept through it easily.

Being ex-Air Force, you should be used to it no problem. :thumbsup: I know I am. I've been around and seen just about all aircraft in the inventory. But, hey try this. Sleep in a tent with no ventilation with your M16 and aircraft and mortars going off 24/7, in full MOPP(full chemical gear for those non-military) Well, it wasn't 24/7 for the mortars of course, but you get the point. Air Force Special Ops is a lot a fun. :wacko: LoL