New Projects

NewBurgh

I've noticed that several new projects on the East End, such as the Highland Building in East Liberty, the big Luna Development in Bloomfield, the hotel in East Liberty and a few other things were announced quite a while ago, but seem to show no signs of development. Have some parts of the building boom slowed or changed, or is it normal for these things to take this long to come to fruition? ? Maybe I'm just a little too anxious to see things change, esp. in East Liberty.

Any comments or ideas on this one?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not noticed progress on the Highland Building... but it's apparently still on... there was an article on it just a few months ago... maybe we'll see work start this year.

The Luna development stalled awhile ago for some reason... not sure what's gonna happen with that now... I did notice a sign today for a new building near the Luna site along Baum Blvd... but I was driving by it and couldn't get a good look

Developments always seem to take a long time to get going. I think it is pretty typical for them to be announced long before financing and everything is settled. Frankly I wish developers would quit getting everyone all excited so far in advance, simply because we end up being let down when some projects do die.

I have not noticed progress on the Highland Building... but it's apparently still on... there was an article on it just a few months ago... maybe we'll see work start this year.

The Luna development stalled awhile ago for some reason... not sure what's gonna happen with that now... I did notice a sign today for a new building near the Luna site along Baum Blvd... but I was driving by it and couldn't get a good look

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this was the right thread, but its worth a shot.

Are there any webcams of the new PNC highrise going up at the corner of Liberty & Forbes? Or does anyone have any recent pictures of the construction site?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I took this picture yesterday... sorry for the crappiness... but I snapped quickly as I didn't feel like dealing with a potential confrontation from the construction workers (not sure if they would... but some people really get suspicious about cameras... such as PPG Place security lol)

80670376.jpg

Archived