North Boulevard Town Square

richyb83

Then maybe you shouldn't whine like a child when you read something you don't like?

Why would you want to post on a forum, where you've done nothing but alienate the other members, into a position where they no longer want to read or reply to your "opinion?" There are other members on this forum who have simply chose to ignore you, and haven't engaged in this "public" debate that some of us have.

What's the point of sharing your "opinion" if no one is reading it?

If I came on this forum and did nothing but complain, no one would want to talk to me. That has happened to me in the past, and I learned really fast, that my comments were going to have to be much more constructive and positive a majority of the time or I was going to alienate myself and people would not like me. Some people still don't care for me, I am sure, but I know i try my best to contribute constructively to the discussions.

You've found yourself in the same position... So whats it going to be?

Everyone quit bickering. It's just a big steel wavy thing (which I don't see at all how it's like Cloud Gate in Chicago). It will probably be forgotten and ignored, like most large metal sculptures in downtown areas.

buckett5425, other people are entitled to their opinions, whether you agree or not. As long as they're not attacking other members, they're not breaking the rules here. Let's not forsake critical dialogue so that we can all "get along."

• 2 weeks later...

from businessreport

"Palazzotto calls North Boulevard stage 'dysfunctional'

A $900,000 stage that will be part of the new North Boulevard Town Square is being called "dysfunctional" by a veteran local concert promoter. "It doesn't serve the purpose of a true cover for the stage," says Johnny Palazzotto, who produces the Baton Rouge Blues Festival. Palazzotto, who was recently honored by the New Orleans music magazine OffBeat for his efforts to keep the blues alive, says the city should have chosen a traditional stage for performances. "Architects take advantage of any situation," he says. Trey Trahan, whose firm designed the stage, says Palazzotto's concerns deal with the aesthetics of the stage. A twisted ring-shaped sculpture will serve as the canopy of the stage. During performances an 8,000-pound performance truss will hang off the canopy, along with lights and sound equipment. "This is a beautiful piece of sculpture," Trahan says. Leigh Breslau, who heads Trahan's Chicago office, designed the stage. Breslau was involved in the architectural, engineering and planning services for Millennium Park in Chicago. "We were commissioned to design a progressive and forward-thinking stage," says Trahan. The stage is set for completion in February 2012. "

1007-Galvez_Plaza_Stage-North_West_Perspective.jpg

1007-Galvez_Plaza_Stage-Stainless_Steel_Canopy_with_General_Purpose_Truss.jpg

Edited by dan326

As long as its protected from water, I don't see the problem. If a normal boxy stage was put there it wouldn't be progressive, wouldn't change the mindset of the people that walk through there on a daily basis, isn't that what we're trying to do?

And look at how they snuck in their library design.. sneaky sneak...

Have they broken ground on this? How is North Blvd coming along?

As long as its protected from water, I don't see the problem. If a normal boxy stage was put there it wouldn't be progressive, wouldn't change the mindset of the people that walk through there on a daily basis, isn't that what we're trying to do?

And look at how they snuck in their library design.. sneaky sneak...

Have they broken ground on this? How is North Blvd coming along?

They broke ground officially earlier this week. Galvez Plaza is currently being demolished to make way for the new stage and the rest of N BLVD has been fenced off.

If you look closely, you can see they even snuck in their library design on a man's laptop screen on the bottom left. However, Trahan's firm does't do their own renderings, a digital arts company in asia does them.

If you look closely, you can see they even snuck in their library design on a man's laptop screen on the bottom left. However, Trahan's firm does't do their own renderings, a digital arts company in asia does them.

Haha, talk about subliminal messaging! :lol:

Yeah, I like it more now that I see how it'll work as a stage. I've been thinking though, is civic pride a really worth while cause? I was wondering because I was reading how some company's pay more then normal to increase worker productivity and I was wondering if nice strucures,good policies,etc contribute to social/economic productivity.

Town Square construction closing part of St. Louis Street

Beginning 9 a.m. Monday, the block of St. Louis Street between City Hall and the new 19th District Courthouse will be closed for construction of the new North Boulevard Town Square. The closing will last through November. The eastbound lanes of North Boulevard between St. Louis and St. Ferdinand streets will also be closed, and eastbound traffic will be shifted to one lane on the westbound side of North Boulevard. The block of Louisiana Avenue between St. Louis and St. Ferdinand streets will be converted to a one-way for eastbound traffic during the closure.

Some on-street parking will be temporarily removed around the closures to improve traffic flow. City-parish employees and others who park in the B1 lot beneath City Hall will have limited access to St. Louis Street between Louisiana Street and the closure near North Boulevard; they will also have to exit the lot via Louisiana Street. Both River Center parking garages will be accessible from St. Louis Street, just north of Government Street

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/daily-report/latest/