North Boulevard Town Square

richyb83

I did. If you don't agree then maybe you should say what's on your mind.

Are you having a problem with the quoting function?

I said what's on my mind, Read people posts more thoroughly, I've been telling you this for months.

Is Towne Square the only project that has been completed downtown?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Antrell Williams" data-cid="1248687" data-time="1355933223"><p>

Are you having a problem with the quoting function?<br />

</blockquote>

Yes. It's nothing I am doing. It just appears the way it is. Where is a help forum?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Antrell Williams" data-cid="1248687" data-time="1355933223"><p>

I said what's on my mind, Read people posts more thoroughly, I've been telling you this for months.<br />

<br />

</blockquote>

I think the issue is you obviously don't like my opinion. Thanks

Yes. It's nothing I am doing. It just appears the way it is. Where is a help forum?

I think the issue is you obviously don't like my opinion. Thanks

Help forum: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/forum/2-urbanplanet-information/

If you would have answered my last question in post #208 this would be much easier.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Antrell Williams" data-cid="1248723" data-time="1355938901"><p>

Help forum: <a href='http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/forum/2-urbanplanet-information/'>http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/forum/2-urbanplanet-information/</a><br />

<br />

If you would have answered my last question in post #208 this would be much easier.</p></blockquote>

I'll check out the help forum.

And there are no post numbers on my mobile view so referring to a # is useless.

• 2 months later...

Should not be too long before Repentance Park is complete....this will go down as possibly the Wettest Winter on record for BR!

Canopy sculpture snag stalls BR project’s completion

Delays due to weather and other factors have hampered the completion of two downtown construction projects, which could have an impact on some cultural events set for this spring, officials said Friday. “The Crest,” a $900,000 canopy sculpture set to stand over the stage at Galvez Plaza, will have to have a segment of the 85-foot-tall sculpture re-fabricated because workers could not make it fit properly, said Davis Rhorer, head of the Downtown Development District.

Heavy January rains slowed the projected opening of Repentance Park, which is adjacent to Galvez Plaza

*rest of article

http://theadvocate.com/home/5257405-125/canopy-sculpture-snag-stalls-br

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Galvez Plaza stage sculpture now on track for end of May completion

Downtown officials say delays in completing the Galvez Plaza sculpture and stage cover are nearing an end. Construction on the nearly $1 million, stainless steel sculpture and stage cover at North Boulevard Town Square came to a halt earlier this year because of an ill-fitting piece of the massive overhead crest. The piece was reordered from fabricators in Kansas City and is expected to arrive this week. That should clear the way for completion of and live performances on the downtown stage by the end of May, says DDD Executive Director Davis Rhorer. Officials had hoped the project would be complete in time for the April start of the spring concert season, including last weekend's Blues Festival and the ongoing weekly Live After Five concerts. But the mistake in the sculpture, which doubles as a stage cover, has postponed the project's conclusion by several months. "We'll probably plan something special for it; it's a very special piece," Rhorer says, comparing the sculpture to Cloudgate in Chicago's Millennium Park. He calls it an "architectural and engineering wonder." Rhorer says the reordered piece did not impact the total cost of the structure, which was paid for with state sales tax rebates dedicated to River Front Master Plan projects.

Read more from Business Report here: http://www.businessreport.com/daily-report/AM/4162013/Galvez_Plaza_stage_now_on_track_for_end_of_May_completion#ixzz2QfEeTsTx

GalvezPlazaStageCoveringRendering.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Real Estate Weekly...Property of the Week

AR-130529962.jpg

Following several delays, the nearly $1 million Galvez Plaza sculpture and stage cover is now expected to be finished in June. Workers were recently forced to stop working while the Bonnie and Clyde miniseries and Search Party movie were being shot downtown. Progress on the project previously came to a halt earlier this year because of an ill-fitting piece of the massive overhead crest. Before that delay, officials hoped the project would be complete in time for the April start of the spring concert season. Arrighi Construction is the general contractor. The design is by Trahan Architects.

Read more from Business Report here: http://www.businessreport.com/section/businessreport0113#ixzz2TxftXkG2