Anderson's 50 Million Dollar Lifestyle Center

interestedexpat

I think this deserves it's own thread now that they closed on the land.

Rosewood Partners closed on the land for the 50 Million Lifestyle center they have planned for 85 and Clemson Blvd in Anderson. The Anderson Independent provided details in today's paper.

The property they purchased is known as the Sally Rose Estate. Someone in the Anderson thread commented that they hoped it wasn't the white house with the pretty lot across from Interstate Blvd. Unfortunately that's it.

The article says, "Rosewood Mall will be the first development of its kind in the Upstate, similar to Mt. Pleasant Towne Center in Mt. Pleasant and The Streets of Toringdon in Charlotte, N.C." They say it'll be a 500,000 sq ft lifestyle center.

I'm wondering does anyone have pictures of the Mt. Pleasant Towne Center or The Streets of Toringdon?

This will really raise the profile of Anderson in the upstate as it will create a shopping destination the likes of which Anderson does not currently have. I understand why they did it on 85. It will be very visible. But I can't help but think what an amazing impact something like this would have had on Anderson if the equivalent had gone into downtown!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is huge for Anderson. I wish they'd save the house and somehow work it into the development... making it a store or resturant of some kind.

I wonder how this will affect Greenville's shopping scene. Greenville used to attract Anderson shoppers, but this could fill a niche in Anderson that would cut down trips to Woodruff Road and the Haywood Mall. Hmmm.

On 85, Anderson doesn't have much of a presence, but this should definitely help people have some sort of visual to associate with the Electric City. Also, this should attract a lot North Georgia shoppers and their CASH!

I really liked that white house. :( However, I do attend Tri-County Tech and go home this way often, so it could be a good thing after it's built. :) Are there any developments around here that will be like this? i.e. The Shops at Greenridge, Magnolia Park Town Center, Prime Outlets at Gaffney, etc.? Here is a link to the Mt. Pleasant Towne Center to show what it could be like: http://www.mtpleasanttownecentre.com/

If this thing shapes up like the town center in Mt P. or VAS in Columbia, this will be a fantastic project. Greenridge has elements of these other places. You are right though, it could have been (and SHOULD have been) so much more.

The yellow mall in Gaffney is just an inside-out mall. No different from any other except that its outdoors instead of indoors. I hope this is not what Anderson builds. Commerce and Gaffney both have these outlet malls, and I don't think Anderson is the ideal location.

Archived