Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kmccloud

amsterdam

15 posts in this topic

a few photos i took in amsterdam over the holidays. what a great city.

dscf9403cw4.jpg

dscf9419nk4.jpg

dscf9402sk3.jpg

dscf9425ta0.jpg

dscf9440nx1.jpg

dscf9445zz9.jpg

dscf9447ut5.jpg

dscf9471xe7.jpg

dscf9482wy1.jpg

dscf9498tz9.jpg

dscf9510lm9.jpg

dscf9531tl9.jpg

Wow, fanfeakingtastic. So much interesting stuff. I spent my holidays in Murfreesboro, Smyrna and Franklin, TN. I'm hell of jealous.

I will be there this coming July. I cant friggin wait!

Great pictures! Glad you liked it! Makes me wanna hop on a train and go there.

Did you stay in Amsterdam or did you also visit other cities in The Netherlands or Europe?

the dutch have life figured out, amsterdam is great. i've been to rotterdam also, not for very long though, saw lots of modern architecture. ronald, i was looking at your amsterdam pictues, of the modern business district. i've been to the city a couple of times, thought i had covered most of it, but never ran into this area. i didn't even know it existed, i will have to look for it next time. i'm living in the uk for a year so this is my chance to see what i can in europe. so far i've been to germany, denmark (copenhagen is so underrated), belgium, and france.

the dutch have life figured out, amsterdam is great.

Do people smoke marijuana freely there like everyone says? I'd love to visit Amsterdam to see the city, but I took in far too much second-hand marijuana in high school and am not interested in doing so now.

Looks like a gorgeous city.

^ In regular neighbourhoods, you will rarely see someone smoking marihuana. However, in the old city center, there are quite a lot of people smoking it in public. Especially around the main attractions of the city, such as the Kalverstraat, or the Dam Square. The people that smoke it, are tourists most of the time (a good deal of them comes from the UK).

Do people smoke marijuana freely there like everyone says? I'd love to visit Amsterdam to see the city, but I took in far too much second-hand marijuana in high school and am not interested in doing so now.

Yeah right. Suuuuure. :P

Marijuana is still technically illegal to posess. I've read from some traveller's stories that police may tell you to leave and go to a "coffee house" - if you smoke it in a park, or on the street. But that's about the extent of it.

they smoke weed in holland??? :whistling:

Are you in the UK as an exchange student? Or are you working there for a year? It must be a great experience, and it's pretty cool you visit these other countries aswell! Got any plans for future vacations yet?

what an amazing city and very pedestrian oriented!

Again, those are some cool pictures.

Sounds like a tough decision. Barcelona is the place to go, indeed.

I took the train from Rotterdam down to the Alps too last summer, click on the 'Eurotrip' link in my sig if you want to see my pictures. It's definitely recommandable, not only is the scenery great, the towns are impressive, clean and beautiful, even the smallest cities.