Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yankee Fan

Secchia buys a building on Market...

22 posts in this topic

Secchia knows what a good investment is.

I read that entry yesterday and I'm not really sure it means anything, to be quite frank. Didn't Secchia own the Rowe Hotel before selling it to the Amway bunch? It's still sitting vacant. I'm not disparaging the guy because it's probably a good investment in the long run. I, however, don't think anything will come of it or the lot on Market & Fulton anytime soon.

Just my $.02.

Secchia knows what a good investment is.

I read that entry yesterday and I'm not really sure it means anything, to be quite frank. Didn't Secchia own the Rowe Hotel before selling it to the Amway bunch? It's still sitting vacant. I'm not disparaging the guy because it's probably a good investment in the long run. I, however, don't think anything will come of it or the lot on Market & Fulton anytime soon.

Just my $.02.

I also heard that Charlies Crab was just sold to RDV. Hmmm...

An adjacent building is priced at about $1.5 million. Secchia told me the price on that building was "way out of sight."

I think RDV bought Chuck's Crab. A local street vendor's business. :D

They're gonna go head to head with Charlies, when he sets up in the Fulton/Market parking lot.

I also heard that Charlies Crab was just sold to RDV. Hmmm...

YF, you better clarify. This impacts a lot of people. Are you saying RDV bought the business or just the property? (The business is owned by Landry's in Texas, as far as I know).

Or did I miss the "tongue in cheek, here"?

Maybe Chris Knape will read this and dig into it for us. He's got moxie. If the answer is no, I'm sure they'd say "no". Although, they might say "no comment".

It would make some sense to control that entire block bounded by Fulton, Market, 131, and the river. It doesn't necessarily mean they're planning to do something with it at the moment though.

I think there is much more to this than meets the eye. I have heard rumours that Secchia and Wheeler are making a play to purchase much of the property that Faust had under option. I've also heard rumours that Faust is still trying to make his project work but has let many if not all of the options expire, which provided Secchia and Wheeler with the opportunity to purchase the properties.

What do the rest of you think? Is this a play to keep outsiders from developing here or do they have a plan in the works for this area?

Unless Faust really had some major tenants lined up that still want to do something in GR, I don't see why anyone would want to take Faust's plan and go for it.

Do you really think local developers would ban together to keep an "outsider" out just to keep it local? I wouldn't think so. I would think there would have to be motivation to do so. And personally, I think River Grand was just a shell game.

Joe

I have heard rumours that Secchia and Wheeler are making a play to purchase much of the property that Faust had under option. I've also heard rumours that Faust is still trying to make his project work but has let many if not all of the options expire, which provided Secchia and Wheeler with the opportunity to purchase the properties.

Maybe Chris Knape will read this and dig into it for us. He's got moxie. If the answer is no, I'm sure they'd say "no". Although, they might say "no comment".

If that's true BigPlayJ, I can't imagine they're doing it to keep anyone out. If Faust let the options expire, then it's probably not a bad idea to snatch them up if the owners are looking to sell.

Secchia hurt in car crash

Apparently he and his wife were rear-ended on I-69 coming back from an MSU basketball game. They are at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing.

More info on the crash

Joe Crawford (GR Press) and his wife Martha Crawford were in the car as well, and it sounds like she took the brunt of it. They stopped on the highway because traffic was stopped, and they were rear-ended by another vehicle.