Possible Winter Weather?

bigboyz05

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the props jcasey. Actually our resident weather expert works for the National Weather Service in Slidell. He goes by SlidellWX; he's not as active in the La.Forum, but his imput is always appreciated. I'm just a weather man wanna-be :lol:

lot of the precipitation was not making it to the ground because the lower level atmosphere was dry now. Maybe this is what is going on, I don't know though.

Thanks for the props jcasey. Actually our resident weather expert works for the National Weather Service in Slidell. He goes by SlidellWX; he's not as active in the La.Forum, but his imput is always appreciated. I'm just a weather man wanna-be :lol:

That is exactly right. The radar may pick it up the precip a few thousand feet up in the sky; but may not actually be hitting the ground. Our local weather man said the radar can sometimes be over-played or "busier" than it seems. Kind of tricky IMO. The air seems to be a little drier just up to the north of the subtropical-jet stream.

That was pretty awesome, especially watching it on ESPN!

I never saw anything but rain earlier in the week, but I was driving through Forrest Hills (in Haughton) on Thursday morning looking at houses and a lot of roofs had a good amount of snow or ice on them. My wife and I were like, what the.... I could not tell if it was snow or sleet that had gathered, but it looked like snow to me. Did anyone else see anything?

I never saw anything but rain earlier in the week, but I was driving through Forrest Hills (in Haughton) on Thursday morning looking at houses and a lot of roofs had a good amount of snow or ice on them. My wife and I were like, what the.... I could not tell if it was snow or sleet that had gathered, but it looked like snow to me. Did anyone else see anything?

Archived