Possible Winter Weather?

bigboyz05

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As we all know Oklahoma and the Texas Panhandle are being pummeled with the winter storm. Since there is a chance Arkansas, in particular NWA, will be hit are you taking the necessary precautions? I will buy extra candles and batteries just in case.

You know, I thought people in Arkansas drove like idiots in the ice until I moved down here to DFW. At least in Arkansas the hills and slopes give people a reason to be overly cautious. In Dallas a few patches of ice shut things down completely. People stop their cars on top of freeway interchanges because they are afraid to come down, it's a mess.

Every time ice hit during the daytime in Little Rock it caused major problems on some of the slopes on major roads, especially Chenal. I remember a few years ago cars couldn't make it up the slope on Markham in front of Park Plaza and it took an hour just to get a few blocks. I actually kind of enjoy getting out in the stuff, just not when half of the city is leaving work at the same time trying to get home.

When I was a kid I grew up in the West LR hilltop neighborhood of Walton Heights. Boy, if there was any ice you just stayed home. That slope was 45 degrees going up that hill at some points and had pretty good curves to make it worse.

Archived