Tony Giarratana buying more property

smeagolsfree

This weeks NBJ is reporting that Tony is looking to purchase more property DT. We do not know what properties for sure he is looking at but the names tell a lot.

Giarratana 8TH & Church LLC and 8TH & Chruch Development Co. LLC, both filed in December.

Giarratana St. Cloud LLC and Giarratana Long Boulevard LLC.

Not a lot but the one that stands out is the 8th ave parcel.

NBJ states that on the four corners are a federal office building, Central parking lot, a finance firm and a privately owned parking garage.

The one lot is where the proposed Fed. CH is going, the parking lot is out of the question because of the legal issues surrounding the old library lot, and I dont think it is the office building w/ the finance firm.

The garage is the guess. That is next to the West Veiw lofts.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What legal issues with the old library?

Wasn't that old library used as a temporary city hall. Now that Metro has moved back into the CH, do you think that property is being put up for sale? If not, what's it being used for now?

Hasn't Giarratana worked in conjunction with a parking company? Is it Central Parking?

Central Parking is a different company. Apparently, he owns Premier Parking.

BTW: Central Parking has a dismal record of not developing their surface lots. Allegedly, they do have some involvement in the BBS "Crown" building. They own the property it will be built on.

Nah, Dave doesn't remember that one. I was three when it was torn down. I did find an interesting article on Hotel Tulane though. Amazing history. As far as I know, that lots been empty for 50 years...I think it's time something was done. The city is running out of uses for it with the completion of the new library and the courthouse. The "mini-library" isn't convincing to me. The family should start shaking some cages IMO.

Anyway, here's the Tulane info. Fascinating.

http://www.tennessean.com/learn-nashville/...ent_ID=26382794

What legal issues with the old library?

Wasn't that old library used as a temporary city hall. Now that Metro has moved back into the CH, do you think that property is being put up for sale? If not, what's it being used for now?

Hasn't Giarratana worked in conjunction with a parking company? Is it Central Parking?

Archived