Aresenal Park& E.A. Poe house

NcSc74

Just up the hill from downtown is historic Haymount Hills. Probably the oldest inner ring neighborhood in the city. Part of the Cape fear historical complex has buildings and structures well over 250 years old. I did not get pics of the village itself but it is like a small town within walking distance from downtown. In fact I likved in building that was once a Confederate army hosptial(how ironic) in the same section of the village.

Looking north towards Haymount Hills. If you look closely you can make out part of the Confederate hospital sitting on a bluff overlooking downtown. It is now home to Cape Fear medical systems mental health hospital.

picture6335qz1.jpg

The Edgar Allen Poe house. I didn't know he lived here. You never know what you may learn unless you get out and explore. To think I lived right down the street from this house.

picture6915oi8.jpg

picture6935nd6.jpg

picture6945za7.jpg

The foudation of the aresenal can be seen as the large stones.

picture7025nt3.jpg

picture6985in7.jpg

This not a good shot of downtown. The best views are from the hill and that is on private property. I was being followed at this point so I had to take what I could get.

picture7095jd1.jpg

Some extras I got...

picture6115gr3.jpg

picture6205cs5.jpg

picture6285tg6.jpg

picture6385ex1.jpg

picture6635lv8.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from my understanding this E.A. Poe is not at all directly related to the famous poet of the same name. this Poe owned a brick company in fayetteville that housed a pottery business on the side. my mom actually has one of their signed pots from way, way back and @ one point we did some research on it. of course, at first we thought it was related somehow to the infamous writer.

from my understanding this E.A. Poe is not at all directly related to the famous poet of the same name. this Poe owned a brick company in fayetteville that housed a pottery business on the side. my mom actually has one of their signed pots from way, way back and @ one point we did some research on it. of course, at first we thought it was related somehow to the infamous writer.

Archived