Which is a MUST-SEE for a visitor?

crossroad

Which is a MUST-SEE attraction? - Different choices Tennessean vs. Non-Tennessean??  

74 members have voted

1. 1. For a visitor living outside Tennessee?

• Beale Street (Memphis)
    • Grand Ole Opry (Nashville)
    • Graceland (Memphis)
    • Smoky Mountains Park
    • Tennessee Aquarium (Chattanooga)
  2. 2. For a visitor living in Tennessee?

• Beale Street (Memphis)
    • Grand Ole Opry (Nashville)
    • Graceland (Memphis)
    • Smoky Mountains Park
    • Tennessee Aquarium (Chattanooga)

Which is a MUST-SEE attraction, any difference Tennessean vs. Non-Tennessean??

Beale Street (Memphis)

Grand Ole Opry (Nashville)

Graceland (Memphis)

Smoky Mountains Park

Tennessee Aquarium (Chattanooga)

Thank you.

**Acknowledgment: thanks to the "Poll: What is the most popular attraction in the state of Tennessee?" by soverbey. I took the top five choices hoping to better consolidate the polls.

Originally in that poll as of Jan 14 2007 votes are as follows:

Tennessee Aquarium (Chattanooga) [ 5 ] ** [6.67%]

Beale Street (Memphis) [ 12 ] ** [16.00%]

Grand Ole Opry (Nashville) [ 11 ] ** [14.67%]

Graceland (Memphis) [ 19 ] ** [25.33%]

Smoky Mountains Park [ 22 ] ** [29.33%]

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chose the Grand Ole Opry on both counts...but under one condition...it must be during the several months of the year when they are back at the Ryman.

If you are a country fan, there is nothing like seeing the Grand Ole Opry back at the Mother Church. And just being downtown on a Saturday night is enough. Go down to Tootsies or Roberts after the show and enjoy some real music.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I gave the 4 hour tour to friends from Ireland in October-ish. They had just visited the Smokies and are coming to spend a month there in April. The one place my family all take "newbies" to is the Parthenon. I have never ever had a complaint, acutally some of the thankyous that have followed have been awesome! Of course we also recommend the Blue Bird, and a few warm evening hours in the honkytonks on lower broad. A burger at Brown's. Coffee at Fido's. Whenever we are graced with a Repeat trip to Nashville there is always a request to add those to the agenda.

• 4 weeks later...

I chose graceland for out of towners because of this history with music and this state.

i chose tennessee aquarium for insiders because of the educational experience to be gained, and everyone knows public schoolers need more than they get in the classroom in this state.

• 1 month later...

Archived