Makeover for Airport area

Clobber

ok, seriously? are you really going to claim I'm making a personal attack and then respond by truly making a personal attack by saying I'm "unreconstructed"? Furthermore, I do contain a competent level of speech, so I'm not "a little 'hell no I ain't fergittin'" The only thing I don't forget are people like you who attack the city I happen to love and will continue to love when I move to Boston in a a few months. I think your opinions do need some guidance if you are basically coming on here with the sole reason to relentlessly expreess your discontent with the "uneducated" populace of Memphis and the rest of the characteristics of the city.

Don't call me unnecessarily angry when you are the one spouting out this crap. Furthermore, I'm still curious as to why you say Memphis is horrible because of its white flight, and yet you seem to spurn urban renewal with the airport area.

If I don't like it, but it's true, there's no reason to discredit an opinion. When (as I've mentioned before) it is purely arbitrary information used to back an opinion and gives off an entirely skewed and false result, then I do discredit it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmmm, you are entitled to your opinions, and so am I....opinions aren't actionable anyway....I'm certainly not trying to convince any one of anything...don't care....

Heretofore I haven't said anything directed to you...again, I don't care....

You sound aggravated, and as I said earlier you SOUND 'unrescontructed'....I didn't CALL you anything....I simply responded in kind to your initiated personal attack....which is very unnecessary, and I might add, highly ineffective.

I'm curious as to when I really made a personal attack at you.

You're entitled to your opinions, but I wish you would be prepared to back them up. Yet again, I ask you...how do you condemn white flight and then condemn this effort at urban renewal as a "waste"? I may sound "unreconstructed" to you (which I'm not, btw. I, along with you, am entitled to my opinions, so stop accusing me of stubbornly holding onto my opinions), but at least I'm not having this bit of hypocrisy where you're trying to hold "urban morals" by condemning white flight and then having the same mindset as those involved in the white flight.

No, you haven't directed anything at me. You've directed something at my hometown, and I just happen to take that personally.

I think you are the aggravated one. Otherwise, why would you waste your time with all of this.

I couldn't care less if you criticized MY 'hometown' ! and I sure would not become 'visceral' about it...but again, freedom of speeh makes AMerica great....

I 'partcipate' just like YOU and OTHERS, I certainly don't have to provide you or other raison d'etre.....I'm here just like YOU......what do you care if I'm 'wasting my time' ?? I don't care what you do with YOUR time at all, neither would I be so silly to even ask....

"Aggravated" ??? ME ?? heck no...nothing to be aggravated about in giving opinions on a web-based forum.

No one is required to 'back up' an opinion, especially on this medium...this is not a 'think tank' or an academically sanctioned research forum ! Again, YOUR opinions are yours....mine are mine...we need not agree on anything at all. God Bless America.

ON THE BEACH

Hello, my name is shekelmeisterMan, don't mind me I am just sitting "ON THE BEACH." I can make invective statements about you and your city, but it won't affect me because I will hide behind the security of my computer. I try to consider myself a great logophile, but it truly my computer that has the great lexicon.

ON THE BEACH

shekelmeisterMan, all due respect, but your posts are beginning to look trollish and worthy of ignoring. There is room for criticism - and some of yours are valid - but let's not cross the line with insults. Let's all try to add some value (stats, ideas, experiences) to the discussion. If you want to help give some ideas for improvement then we are all ears. If you are here only to bash, then you will find your self being ignored.

shekelmeisterMan, all due respect, but your posts are beginning to look trollish and worthy of ignoring. There is room for criticism - and some of yours are valid - but let's not cross the line with insults. Let's all try to add some value (stats, ideas, experiences) to the discussion. If you want to help give some ideas for improvement then we are all ears. If you are here only to bash, then you will find your self being ignored.

let's not 'instructing' free thinking participants on personal opinions based on experience.

Crticism ? It does not matter to me in the least whether you actually "believe" in the validity of my posts and opinions.

Trollish ?? that's a label by those who sometimes want to curtail free speech (reasonable).

I have used no personal insults, but I have responded to those who attempt to insult me......because they simply don't LIKE what is being said.....which is unnecessary.

The purpose of this open forum is not to be an appendage, or management tool of the local government, planning agencies, or local businesses....that should be fairly obvious I would hope.

ya buddy don't insult my intelligence or anyone else's here intelligence

the aforementioned Harvard inductee---From Memphis

My brother- Graduated from MIT in 2004 Masters in Chemical Engineering- From Memphis

Me-Graduating from Purdue in 2008- BS in Structural Engineering-- Also from memphis

anyone else care to add their education?

What can you say about your education bud, degree in ultimate thesaurus usage?!

what's with the personal attack ??

My opinions or 'stand' (as you call it) need not be endorsed by you, et al....and I am not seeking your 'guidance' or 'permission'.....that's just WAY too odd.

You sound a little 'unreconstructed', and a little 'hell no I ain't fergittin'.....a little unnecessarily 'angry'....

"stop with your tirade against Memphis" ??????????? yawSuh bossMan ........(I trust you were simply making a joke, otherwise that's too silly for me)

I guess what you don't 'like', you must first attempt to discredit....personally I don't even care about your opinions because you are entitled to them

ON THE BEACH

My brother- Graduated from MIT in 2004 Masters in Chemical Engineering- From Memphis

Me-Graduating from Purdue in 2008- BS in Structural Engineering-- Also from memphis

BA '98, JD '02 Washington University in St. Louis.

'05 -- started my own law practice in Arizona.

'XX -- return to Memphis? If anyone knows of appointed counsel opportunities in Memphis (i.e. indigent or pro bono representation), pm me. Hell, any job in the legal profession I'll consider to get back home. I might even work for someone else to do it. Maybe. ;)

Write the public defender's office in Memphis. Give them a resume. Same thing with Memphis legal aid. Apply to the federal public defenders' office--a merit based, civil service position. Write the chief judge of both the federal and state court systems in Memphis. If you're hankering after appointments, they'll be happy to give them to you, and you will paid something as well--not much, but something.

I find it interesting that someone who I would conclude from his log on name and undergraduate school is Jewish would persist in using verbage that is straight from Uncle Remus. It does show a degree of disrespect to a large number of people on this blog. I know that you have said that you don't care what anyone thinks, but you really shouldn't feed into people's prejudices against both blacks and jews. It doesn't rise to your level of intellect.

hey mane, I wuz accused of not reading the rules, I wuz accused by yo friend of thersarus writing,

Hey mane, I ain't disrespecting no one and breaking no stated rules at ALL

Hey mane, I ain't saying NOTHING about Jews or Black or anyone elses, looks like I jes can't please,

Whos Uncle REmus anyway ?

Why you talking to me that way ?? I ain't done NOTHING to you or SAID nothing to you

Mane, give me a break, I ain't bothering NO ONE

You know, you act all high and mighty, but you devolve into making yourself sound like a CHILD. You want to win a debate or an argument then you put facts and solid points up there. All you've seem to put is sarcasm, insults and the ego that force you to think that you have to speak to us with this crap you just wrote. Hell, how can you not know who Uncle Remus is? I will not give you a break, because you are bothering people. Simply attacking the City of Memphis, and the people on this Forum for no apparent blatant reason other than you hate the city. So why do you hate the city? Crime? Education? Leadership? Culture(or lack thereof from some peoples perspective)? All of these issues that the city is facing are being discussed in a reasonable fashion on this board on how to improve the city. It is undeniable that in the past 20 years Memphis has improved a lot of these issues and problems. granted the problems in the city are more profound than other cities of comparable population and size but once again, the people who live in the city(and even outside the city are working to fix it).

Now, you for some reason like to see everything that negative about the city which we all see and slap in the face of people. Like telling a fat person who's on a diet, "Hey youre a fatass". Do you honestly thing you'll get a positive reaction from that person? I mean, with your high and mighty attitude i would assume you had the deductive reasoning to say "hey if i insult the very thing these people are working to improve and discuss I might bother them". for some reason youre so stricken with cynicism about the City of Memphis, that even when positive things do happen(which more and more positive things are happening) that you partially deny it even is possible! im sorry sir--get over yourself and either contribute reasonably to the board or leave. Im all for conflict and debate but what youre doing is just attacking and insulting which is a typical argumentative tactic of a 13 year old.

heY maNe, I

AiN't bOtHeriNg NO ONE aNd I aiN't bOthEring YOU at all mane..

I aiN't bRoke no rules AT ALL, and I read them ALL mane

I aIn't baShiNg no body, I ain't aRguIng wiTh you Either

I ain't attAcking NOBoDy

I dOn't kNow no Uncle REmus eitheR, sorrY

I aIn't caLLed nObody nO nAmEe like FaTass either, Mane, that just WroNg MaNe !

I ain't 13 either mane, jes leAve mE be

heY maNe, I

I ain't attAcking NOBoDy

heY maNe, I

I ain't attAcking NOBoDy

Archived