Wing On Lau

Veloise

Words simply fail me.

http://www.mlive.com/search/index.ssf?/bas...?NEG&coll=6

A small shrine has begun to form at the restaurant's front door.

ETA: Obit

Mr. Cheuk Chong Wong, age 62, of Grand Rapids, passed away on Thursday, January 11, 2007. Wong is survived by his wife, Linda; and by his loving daughters, Sharon, Sandy, and Susan Wong. Wong owned and operated Wing On Lau Restaurant on Michigan St. for over 28 years. His family, friends, and many patrons will miss him dearly. The family will greet friends and relatives on Tuesday from 11 to 2 p.m. at the Zaagman Memorial Chapel. Interment Graceland Memorial Park. Zaagman Memorial Chapel

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that this guy should have a much higher sentence for his complete immature act.

Is parking really coming to this? I mean...it's not the end of the world if people cannot get a spot right next to wherever they want to go...it's called walking, folks.

I've personally never went to that restaurant, but I bet it was a nice place for some to go to.

I too had a bad feeling in the bottom of my stomach after reading that article.

When I lived in Philadelphia a few years ago the city was hit with a raging blizzard that dumped about 2 feet of snow everywhere. A man was shot to death after someone tried to take his shoveled-out parking space on the street in front of his house. It was the most senseless murder I'd ever imagined. And now, it seems it's happened again. Tragic and mind-numbing.

This is my first post and this story as well took me by suprise. In probably 2002 my roomate and I went to Duke's bar and parked in the restraunts parking lot, thinking we would just get away with it, I guess. Upon leaving an Asian family that looked to be a husband and wife and a few daughters in a van approached us. They simply told us we should not be parking there. Now I don't know why, but I responded by shaking the older man's hand then followed by giving his wife and daughter's hugs. I obviously feel this was the same man and family that this tragedy happened to. This is just bizare events and very sadning. My heart goes out to them as well.

Archived