Inter-Continental El Ponce

El Ponce Inter-Continental Hotel- Status?

I'm trying to do a bit of research for a friend at work who is from a town near Ponce. What is the current status of El Ponce Inter-Continental? The most recent picture I could find on the internet indicated that it is still abandoned and is in danger of being demolished. I would think that it might enjoy some kind of protection as a modernist landmark, but this may not be the case. Has anyone got current information about the building?

• 1 month later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know much about the status of the Ponce Intercontinental Hotel but not long ago, I think it was during the first week of February I read an article about the construction of a Sheraton and a Marriott hotel in Ponce. They mentioned that there were plans to rebuild the Ponce Intercontinental, but thats all. It seem the hotel is going to be rebuild again but no information about it.

• 2 months later...

Archived