Sears Tower

demon

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sears tower is an awsome building. I remember being in Chicago on a cloudy day and seeing half of the building obscured in clouds. That same day I was in the Skydeck of the Sears Tower. I was dissapointed because being inside a cloud block the wonderful views I would have seen. But being inside a cloud blew me away too as the clouds made all the windows look like a continuous wall of flouresent lights.

I'm sure a similar thread exists somewhere but I really wanted to post this picture.

DSCN0246.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a ton, but personally I think the Sears tower observation deck is wack.

I go to Chicago about once a month, sometimes every other month, and we always go up into one of the towers, either to the JHO, or Sears.

SEARS TOWER

THE BAD

1. Wait in a ridiculously long line

2. I have their stupid informational video memorized cause it loops about 4 times

3. Costs $15

4. They don't clean their windows

5. Two sides of the tower actually have good views

6. They got pissed at us once for bring food up there.

THE GOOD

1. Good sunrise and sunset views

2. Nice views of ALL of Chicago's highrises. What I mean is if you take 1 picture, you can maximize the number of tall buildings from that location.

JOHN HANCOCK

THE BAD

1. A few times, the windows were dirty.

THE GOOD

1. No Lines!!

2. $5.00 Cheaper. Walk in with a blank 8.5 x 11" piece of paper and you might get in free!

3. Better view of Chicago's largest highrise clusters

4. Better view of Michigan Ave

5. Your photos come out better due to the type of glazing and lighting employed

6. You can go outside!

7. You can bring food up, and eat it up there. The reason why I bring this up, is b/c we go up there after dinner, and we usually order dessert but have it boxed.

For some reason, the experience in the JHO is better. No crying babies, waiting in lines. It feels less touristy, and more welcoming and relaxed.

Archived