Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DigitalSky

WLOS-TV

7 posts in this topic

I read about the Mediacom-Sinclair dispute, where Sinclair (in my opinion) is asking WAY too much for ABC 13 WLOS to be carried on their cable systems, so for the past week+ WLOS has been missing from Mediacom.

Here's a little bit of insight into the sitaution http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS0104/70109089

Many people say they just want their ABC, they could care less about WLOS programming... and another article also stated they contractually cannot carry another ABC affiliate such as WSOC-TV from Charlotte.

It's kind of sick what Sinclair does, really :sick:

I would not miss "The Point with Mark Hyman", WLOS is too conservative for me. I wish AVL had another broadcast station!

I enjoyed watching local news, and I do miss America's Funniest Home Videos, but other than that I really don't much care.

I think it's funny that one of the most liberal cities in the country has been dominated by a conservative local TV news monopoly. Although I do realize that Sinclair reaches a broader area of WNC outside Blue Asheville that is much more rightwing.

I think it's funny that one of the most liberal cities in the country has been dominated by a conservative local TV news monopoly. Although I do realize that Sinclair reaches a broader area of WNC outside Blue Asheville that is much more rightwing.

It's back on Mediacom now, both WLOS and WMYA. They said the agreement was that Mediacom was asking for around 50 cents per subscriber :shok: oh my gravy.