Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kmurphy19662003

New use for old Winn Dixie

12 posts in this topic

Looks like Food Lion is moving to the old vacant Winn Dixie store on Lawndale. Must have been over 20 construction vehicles there today, glad to see this building reused.

It's good another grocer is going in, if one of these buildings goes dark for too long the list of desirable prospective tenants decreases greatly. :thumbsup:

wow!! That is indeed an old Winn Dixie and i'm glad finally someone's filling it. thanks for the info... btw that store isn't too far from the other Food Lion on Lawndale

the same thing is happening in walkertown. the winn-dixie on old hollow road is being converted to food lion.

wow!! That is indeed an old Winn Dixie and i'm glad finally someone's filling it. thanks for the info... btw that store isn't too far from the other Food Lion on Lawndale

the same thing is happening in walkertown. the winn-dixie on old hollow road is being converted to food lion.

Yeah, the old shopping center will be demolished to make way for a new one where the Fresh Market will be the new anchor.

Good. it seems to make the most sense for Food Lion to take over Winn Dixies since they did compete at the same level.

Oh really? I was unaware of that, I guess it's natural for Fresh Market to expand their flagship store then.

that's good news. that place has been vacant for years. i have been wondering when something else would take over there.

Food Lion opened up there yesterday. My girlfriend went by and said the parking lot was packed. The Food Lion at Lawndale next door to Fresh Market is now closed.

Food Lion opened up there yesterday. My girlfriend went by and said the parking lot was packed. The Food Lion at Lawndale next door to Fresh Market is now closed.