How many (weather) bullets have we dodged?

KJW

Talking to my mother in Springfield, MO, and to a man on the ground in McAlester, OK, it sounds like this ice storm is almost at a "historic" level of damage. Driving my daughter to school west of Centerton was astonishing. The trees are glimmering and ice-covered, but the roads are clear. Probably one of the strangest things I've seen to date in NWA was dust rising from the dirt road on the way to the school amongst all those trees.

The two bullets we've so far dodged pretty much in NWA, the blizzard of '06 and the ice storm of '07, are as big as shells from a U.S. battleship as far as I'm concerned...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talking to my mother in Springfield, MO, and to a man on the ground in McAlester, OK, it sounds like this ice storm is almost at a "historic" level of damage. Driving my daughter to school west of Centerton was astonishing. The trees are glimmering and ice-covered, but the roads are clear. Probably one of the strangest things I've seen to date in NWA was dust rising from the dirt road on the way to the school amongst all those trees.

The two bullets we've so far dodged pretty much in NWA, the blizzard of '06 and the ice storm of '07, are as big as shells from a U.S. battleship as far as I'm concerned...

Archived