Winter Storm Warning

gs3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^Correct. I have lived in the upstate region for over 18 1/2 years, so I know how it works too. Right now the high is set for 34 degrees on Thursday, but if that drops two degrees and is correct, then it will not be rain. You're right though that it is too early to tell what will happen. We'll get better assumptions of what will happen late Wednesday-Thursday tomorrow.

/O.NEW.KGSP.WS.A.0003.070201T0900Z- 070202T0500Z/ RABUN-HABERSHAM-STEPHENS- FRANKLIN-HART-ELBERT-OCONEE MOUNTAINS- PICKENS MOUNTAINS-GREENVILLE MOUNTAINS- GREATER OCONEE- GREATER PICKENS- GREATER GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG- CHEROKEE-YORK- ANDERSON-ABBEVILLE- LAURENS-UNION SC-CHESTER-GREENWOOD- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CLAYTON... CLARKESVILLE...TOCCOA... HARTWELL... ELBERTON...GREENVILLE...SPARTANBURG... GAFFNEY... ROCK HILL...ANDERSON... ABBEVILLE...LAURENS...UNION... CHESTER... GREENWOOD 356 AM EST WED JAN 31 2007

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING.

SNOW AND SLEET IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE UPSTATE AND EXTREME NORTHEAST GEORGIA EARLY THURSDAY MORNING. SNOW AND SLEET WILL MIX WITH AND BECOME PREDOMINATELY SLEET... FREEZING RAIN AND RAIN BY THE AFTERNOON. THURSDAY MORNING SNOW ACCUMULATIONS COULD BE AS HIGH AS 3 INCHES IN THE NORTHEAST GEORGIA AND SOUTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS...WITH AN INCH OR SO POSSIBLE ALONG THE I-85 CORRIDOR. A DAMAGING ACCUMULATION OF ICE IS POSSIBLE AS WELL THURSDAY AFTERNOON OR EVENING.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO TREES AND POWERLINES. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

-Please stayed tuned to the National Weather Service and g-man430 for the latest updates regarding this developing major winter storm.

I've been watching the Weather Channel like all day and Mike Siedel (spell check) was reporting quite often from Haywood Rd. next to the Hilton. The Weather Channel was also showing pictures from the Greenville metro area and mentioning our city's name quite often during their broadcasts. CNN also had a live broadcast, but it was from Charlotte. However, they did mention Greenville and showed a map showing the radar and temperature of the area, which was definitely good publicity for our city. :)

I've been watching the Weather Channel like all day and Mike Siedel (spell check) was reporting quite often from Haywood Rd. next to the Hilton. The Weather Channel was also showing pictures from the Greenville metro area and mentioning our city's name quite often during their broadcasts. CNN also had a live broadcast, but it was from Charlotte. However, they did mention Greenville and showed a map showing the radar and temperature of the area, which was definitely good publicity for our city. :)

Archived