Pictures of the Triangle in the Snow?

DCMetroRaleigh

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still a little kid at heart. I get excited about snow. After having two years of nothing, getting snow today was like another Christmas.

I knew someone would want pictures, so I took some. Apparently I didn't have the battery power to store the ones I took when the snow was at its thickest (around 7:00 this morning). These are all around 10 or 12 o'clock, after rain and shovels had cleared snow off all the paths and roads.

Guess where I am? We got around 2 inches here before it started raining. There are still patches.

P1180013.jpg

P1180012.jpg

P1180011.jpg

P1180009.jpg

P1180005.jpg

P1180004-1.jpg

I scrambled to find my digital camera to get some shots of the snow, but couldn't find it. We had a bit more I think in Durham, though the grass was still poking through in some spots.

It's odd to have snow just two or three days after it was in the mid-70s. I couldn't believe schools were cancelled. I guess that ice storm from a few years ago freaked people out.

downtown Raleigh was not too bad but elsewhere was much worse than I thought it would be...I drove in from Greensboro this morning around 7am and the pavement was covered in snow and ice from Wade Ave west...so many cars were wrecked it was almost comical....yet another reason to live and work downtown instead of relying on interstates for your lifestyle....I was just visiting my lady so I feel I am excused :whistling:

I'm still a little kid at heart. I get excited about snow. After having two years of nothing, getting snow today was like another Christmas.

I knew someone would want pictures, so I took some. Apparently I didn't have the battery power to store the ones I took when the snow was at its thickest (around 7:00 this morning). These are all around 10 or 12 o'clock, after rain and shovels had cleared snow off all the paths and roads.

Guess where I am? We got around 2 inches here before it started raining. There are still patches.

Archived