A new Wal-Mart can't open its doors...

seicer

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great. I love hearing success stories of communities fighting Wal-Mart and winning. And it's especially great that Wal-Mart spent all that money to fix up the location and now may have to just sell it off or, more likely, sub-divide it.

You people are disgusting. If you hate Wal-Mart, don't shop there. Because of other nazi-anti-wal-mart zealots, I have to travel over 20 miles to visit one instead of just going a few miles, where Wal-Mart wants to put a location, but have been blocked.

We are disgusting? Good way to start a constructive argument.

As another poster mentioned, there are no local alternatives for toiletries? Food? If not, I wonder why...?

I am proud to say I have not shopped at Wal-Mart for one-year. I am working on weaning myself off of Meijer. I support local alternatives, smaller grocery chains and family-run businesses.

• 3 months later...

Archived