Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seicer

A new Wal-Mart can't open its doors...

8 posts in this topic

I luv it I say, just luv it! I hope this judge's ruling is upheld!

Death to the Evil Empire of Wal-Mart I say, Death! :ph34r:

That's great. I love hearing success stories of communities fighting Wal-Mart and winning. And it's especially great that Wal-Mart spent all that money to fix up the location and now may have to just sell it off or, more likely, sub-divide it.

You people are disgusting. If you hate Wal-Mart, don't shop there. Because of other nazi-anti-wal-mart zealots, I have to travel over 20 miles to visit one instead of just going a few miles, where Wal-Mart wants to put a location, but have been blocked.

You people are disgusting. If you hate Wal-Mart, don't shop there. Because of other nazi-anti-wal-mart zealots, I have to travel over 20 miles to visit one instead of just going a few miles, where Wal-Mart wants to put a location, but have been blocked.

We are disgusting? Good way to start a constructive argument.

As another poster mentioned, there are no local alternatives for toiletries? Food? If not, I wonder why...?

I am proud to say I have not shopped at Wal-Mart for one-year. I am working on weaning myself off of Meijer. I support local alternatives, smaller grocery chains and family-run businesses.

Walmart sucks but so do all of the other box store developments. Why haven't cities had much success in controlling the footprint and design of these stores?