PETA

lil-bear

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Property in question

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&amp...ted%20States___

Personally, I don't like PETA, but that has nothing to do with this argument. The issue here is that they are a non-profit that should be using these buildings for their purposes.

Ugh, why was churches even brought up here. They own buildings and homes because they use them for religious and community reasons. Shelters, recreational, places for elderly, community education center etc. And the point is, they are using them as opposed to them being vacant and being bought and sold. It's something completely different.

Property in question

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&amp...ted%20States___

Personally, I don't like PETA, but that has nothing to do with this argument. The issue here is that they are a non-profit that should be using these buildings for their purposes.

Ugh, why was churches even brought up here. They own buildings and homes because they use them for religious and community reasons. Shelters, recreational, places for elderly, community education center etc. And the point is, they are using them as opposed to them being vacant and being bought and sold. It's something completely different.

Red Sea Grocery. Located in Wilmore, a neighborhood in Charlotte, North Carolina. Owned by the church next door. It has nothing to do with their functions as a church and is a well known place to buy drugs -- there is open dealing in front of its doors (remember, it is right beside the church that owns it). This same church owns 5 or 6 rental homes and duplexes in the vicinity, none of which are occupied by church members, they are simply rental property.

I bring this up with no issue with them owning these assets, I'm sure the income could help this church that is in a struggling neighborhood. Many non-profits own property not related to their mission and I don't really understand why anyone would care. I would see it is a secondary way to raise funds over and above solicitation or donations.

Archived