Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Greenville on WikiMapia

49 posts in this topic

I thought this was really cool. :thumbsup::thumbsup: emerging.me had started a thread in the Columbia forum for WikiMapia. I had never gone on it before. Greenville's needs some serious editing and many places are not listed. The satelite image is a little outdated too (Greenridge is just dirt, I-385 rebuild is going on, no ICAR, etc, etc). Check it out. We should update as much as possible.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#y=34850703&x...amp;m=a&v=2

I noticed that Coffee Underground is not in the correct place.

It's easy enough to correct anything you find wrong. Just click on the "MENU" button at the top left and "Edit this Place." I'm updating "Minor League Stadium" to "West End Field" now. :thumbsup:

Thanks for pointing this out, gsupstate! I had no idea it was there.

^ Thanks RT.

Wikimapia is really fun! :D Today was my first time on it. There is so much for Greenville that is not mapped (or not labeled rather). Lots we can do with it. :thumbsup:

^ Thanks RT.

Wikimapia is really fun! :D Today was my first time on it. There is so much for Greenville that is not mapped (or not labeled rather). Lots we can do with it. :thumbsup:

I haven't updated the wikipedia entry for ages, but I'm going to update the wikimapia for Greenville and add places and photos whenever I can (as spare time presents itself), you can bet. :thumbsup:

Not me. :ph34r: I'm suprised you guys didn't know about Wikimapia. It's been there for a few years now. I found out about it about a year ago by looking at the bottom of the Greenville, SC wikipedia page where the satellite imagery and map links are listed. :thumbsup:

I've added about 20 places to wikimapia over the past couple of months including ICAR and Magnolia Park Town Center. The more stuff your city has on wikimapia the more popular it becomes. :)

Looks like one of the Brothers Greer has updated the photos on the Greenville wikipedia entry. Nice additions, indeed! :thumbsup:

I added "Downtown," "The Peacock Hotel & Spa," and the "Westin Poinsett Hotel" a few days ago. Hopefully, I'll have an opportunity to contribute more in the near future. :thumbsup:

^ Great to see ya Sky! :thumbsup:

Just checked WikiMapia, and there has been some serious updating going on. :D

Ya, I am going nuts with it. And I know some other people are, I have seen thigs pop up in front of me.

I had best stop before I label every important landmark in Travelers Rest... :silly:

Looks like one of the Brothers Greer has updated the photos on the Greenville wikipedia entry. Nice additions, indeed! :thumbsup:

Someone added MANY new labels over the weekend. This map is starting to look great! :thumbsup:

Someone added MANY new labels over the weekend. This map is starting to look great! :thumbsup:

I did add quite a few this weekend. Some in the "greater greenville area" I also moved the Coffee Underground and North Greenville University labels too as I am very familiar with both of those places.

I did add quite a few this weekend. Some in the "greater greenville area" I also moved the Coffee Underground and North Greenville University labels too as I am very familiar with both of those places.

I'm finding that I'm having to move and resize a few as well. Whomever added some of these to begin with made them extremely large. :lol:

Speaking of too large, who highlighted the whole West End in the last hour or so? That seems a little exsessive to me anyway.

Then there are also the too smalls. Verdae was shown as about 1/6 the size of the development, but I think that's been changed to show phase 1, phase 2, etc.

I added the correct location of Falls Cottage the other day, among several other additions.