Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g-man430

Carolina First Center

97 posts in this topic

Anybody want to take any guesses on who it might be. I'm hoping for somebody like BMW or Michelin and NOT Walmart.

Anybody want to take any guesses on who it might be. I'm hoping for somebody like BMW or Michelin and NOT Walmart.

HAHA! Welcome to the Walmart Convention Center: Lower-End Conventions, Always!

Hmm, South Financial Convention Center? -- South Financial just sounds high profile.

I like the sound of South Financial Convention Center. I also think BMW Convention Center or Michelin Convention Center would sound good. One thing that's important to keep in mind is that it doesn't have to be a large Greenville-based company. It could be anyone - Verizon, Wachovia, etc.

Wouldn't it be funny if the corporate sponsor is the Palmetto Bank, thereby keeping "Palmetto" in the name? :lol:

My money is on South Financial/Carolina First.

Did anybody notice how much their Caroline ATM character showed up at West End Field this past season? At many games, Caroline seemed more prominent and energetic than old Reedy whats-his-name.

My money is on South Financial/Carolina First.

Did anybody notice how much their Caroline ATM character showed up at West End Field this past season? At many games, Caroline seemed more prominent and energetic than old Reedy whats-his-name.

You guys might want to read the Journal's tba today :whistling:

Also had a story on this last week

On WikiMapia the Expo Center is labeled Carolina First Convention Center.

On WikiMapia the Expo Center is labeled Carolina First Convention Center.

Interesting....

I wonder who put that on WikiMapia? Wonder if it was a credible source?

I heard Ralph Bristol talking about this yesterday... it really could be anyone. I tend to agree with those who say Carolina First or South Financial. SF in particular may want to make their name known in the community, so I would lean towards them.

Interesting....

I wonder who put that on WikiMapia? Wonder if it was a credible source?

Probably not. :ph34r:

Are his UP username initials RT? :lol:

:rofl:

I prefer the sound of South Financial Convention Center to Carolina First Convention Center, but neither is unappealing. As long as it doesn't have Bi-Lo in it, we'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Another one that is always a possibility is Greenville First (or their holding company-- is that the right name?). They're expanding into other markets in the state and are growing fast. I could see them using this as another way to get their name out in the community and the state for that matter.

Carolina First Convention Center sounds right. ;)

I wonder if some people who don't know that Carolina First is the name of a bank will think that the PEC was the first convention center built in SC or the Carolinas? :)

^^^^^LOL! I hadn't thought about that but you know there would be someone who would think that that was the reasoning behind the name. Let's just hope that those people out there are few and far between.

Interestingly enough, Carolina First is also buying naming rights to College of Charleston's new arena as well.

I'm confused. Is this $22 million renovation including what they are currently doing? Or what will this include???

I'm confused. Is this $22 million renovation including what they are currently doing? Or what will this include???

This is the biggest part of the renovation, biding on this part started 12/19/06

and all submittal must be in by 1/30/07

Link PDF