Carolina First Center

g-man430

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody want to take any guesses on who it might be. I'm hoping for somebody like BMW or Michelin and NOT Walmart.

HAHA! Welcome to the Walmart Convention Center: Lower-End Conventions, Always!

Hmm, South Financial Convention Center? -- South Financial just sounds high profile.

I like the sound of South Financial Convention Center. I also think BMW Convention Center or Michelin Convention Center would sound good. One thing that's important to keep in mind is that it doesn't have to be a large Greenville-based company. It could be anyone - Verizon, Wachovia, etc.

Wouldn't it be funny if the corporate sponsor is the Palmetto Bank, thereby keeping "Palmetto" in the name? :lol:

My money is on South Financial/Carolina First.

Did anybody notice how much their Caroline ATM character showed up at West End Field this past season? At many games, Caroline seemed more prominent and energetic than old Reedy whats-his-name.

You guys might want to read the Journal's tba today :whistling:

Also had a story on this last week

Another one that is always a possibility is Greenville First (or their holding company-- is that the right name?). They're expanding into other markets in the state and are growing fast. I could see them using this as another way to get their name out in the community and the state for that matter.

Archived