Carolina First Center

g-man430

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radisson Hotels...........

Anybody else heard this one for Carolina First Center?

Are you referring to particular rumor or just throwing this out there? I wouldn't mind that at all.

My only hopes are that the hotel is a midrise building, hopefully 6-8 stories. Maybe somehow on Pleasantburg in order to create a visual marker along the road.

Radisson Hotels...........

Anybody else heard this one for Carolina First Center?

Is Radisson constructing new hotels these days? It seems like they have less of a presence than they used to. I have stayed in a couple of their hotels, and they are okay but I never felt like the room (although not bad) matched the rate. Most of their locations seem older, too. The one here in Charleston seems to be old and not that great on the outside, but I've never been inside.

Regardless, a new Radisson at the Carolina First Center is MUCH better than the Comfort Inn that is currently there! :lol: If a new entrant into the Greenville market will locate there, how about Wyndham, Doubletree, or even W?

Is Radisson constructing new hotels these days? It seems like they have less of a presence than they used to. I have stayed in a couple of their hotels, and they are okay but I never felt like the room (although not bad) matched the rate. Most of their locations seem older, too. The one here in Charleston seems to be old and not that great on the outside, but I've never been inside.

Regardless, a new Radisson at the Carolina First Center is MUCH better than the Comfort Inn that is currently there! :lol: If a new entrant into the Greenville market will locate there, how about Wyndham, Doubletree, or even W?

If we got a W, I would demand for them to build an amazing tower. I'd allow the city's tallest to be on Pleasantburg, if we got a W at the CFC. :whistling:

Perhaps something like this W Hotel going up in Phoenix:

W%20Hotel.jpg

Think Greenville is ready for architecture like this? :)

OH YES! Well, not exactly. It looks to have been derrived from rock formations and their layers, so I'd hate for it to be in Greenville, as you cannot find this anywhere around. BUT, using local inspiration for the architecture as so, would be great. [this is what architecture courses has done to me. I can't look at buildings for being buildings, but I see their inspiration for design :ph34r: ]

Very cool hotel!

Radisson hasn't opened many new in the South lately, but in their home Midwest market they have some great properties. I heard this was the possible brand to locate near CFC. Anybody else heard this? While I'd love to have a W Hotel, I doubt Greenville would get one. That's Starwoods top end chain. I'm still shocked a city the size of Greenville has a Westin. We may be the smallest city with a Westin. Since Starwood does well here with the Westin, I could see us getting an Aloft by W.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We got a set of bid sheets the other day on the new hall thats planned to be built. They were just the structural and no architectural but by looking at the structural its going to be nice. Hopefully we get a set of arch. to see what the building looks like and how its layed out.

We got a set of bid sheets the other day on the new hall thats planned to be built. They were just the structural and no architectural but by looking at the structural its going to be nice. Hopefully we get a set of arch. to see what the building looks like and how its layed out.

I know work is progressing, but do you think the completion date will be met? The new grand hall area hasn't started yet has it?

I know work is progressing, but do you think the completion date will be met? The new grand hall area hasn't started yet has it?

I was thinking the same thing. I looked at the Centers website and it says "Renovation Completion - Scheduled for September 2007" We just got the bid sheets this week, and I dont see it happening. The hall is gonna be a nice touch to the center. I really cant explain what it looks like since i've only seen looking down through the top. The only way I can explain it is to take a hard boiled egg and cut it in half long ways, with the yolk being close to the bottom. I know its not a good visual but thats what it looks like to me.

The only way I can explain it is to take a hard boiled egg and cut it in half long ways, with the yolk being close to the bottom. I know its not a good visual but thats what it looks like to me.

Yep. You confuse me more than I confuse me and that's hard to do. :lol: Which way is long ways? I didn't even know the yolk could be on the bottom.

Yep. You confuse me more than I confuse me and that's hard to do. :lol: Which way is long ways? I didn't even know the yolk could be on the bottom.

I assume he means to hold the sliced egg - a hard-boiled one - so that it looks like a Conehead (remember the movie?). The narrow part is at the top, and the broader part is on the bottom. The yolk is usually a little closer to the broader part than the narrow part...

I never thought I would have a conversation about eggs on UP. :silly:

Archived