Carolina First Center

g-man430

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys, But I think I was telling you wrong on the "egg like shape" of the conference center. As I looked at the plans more carefully today I think the building is gonna be part of the head quarters site. But on the plans it says Carolina First Center Coference Hall. But as I look at the sign for the headquarters it looks like it might belong there. If you look at the sign, it shows the same building i'm talking about in the middle. :(

Sorry guys, But I think I was telling you wrong on the "egg like shape" of the conference center. As I looked at the plans more carefully today I think the building is gonna be part of the head quarters site. But on the plans it says Carolina First Center Coference Hall. But as I look at the sign for the headquarters it looks like it might belong there. If you look at the sign, it shows the same building i'm talking about in the middle. :(

I see what you mean:

DSC01765.jpg

No worries, BigTone. Easy mistake to make with multiple different projects with the CF name on them floating around town.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Carolina First Center had a "topping out" ceremony, with the last piece of structural steel being lifted into place. Final completion of the remodel is expected by May 1st, 2008. Article below from the Greenville News:

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../708230304/1003

Nice article. I particularly enjoyed the comments from the general manager regarding the need for a hotel or two adjacent to the Carolina First Center as well as connectivity to downtown (I take that to mean mass transit, e.g. light rail or at least bus rapid transit). It sounds like he is very forward-thinking and sees the potential of the Carolina First Center as well as its surrounding area. :thumbsup:

Nice article. I particularly enjoyed the comments from the general manager regarding the need for a hotel or two adjacent to the Carolina First Center as well as connectivity to downtown (I take that to mean mass transit, e.g. light rail or at least bus rapid transit). It sounds like he is very forward-thinking and sees the potential of the Carolina First Center as well as its surrounding area. :thumbsup:

Greenlink?

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived