Triangle Forum improvements

ChiefJoJo

Hi all,

Since becoming a moderator, I've been making a few changes that I hope will make things a little bit easier to navigate on the board. One of the things I feel will make things easier is to merge old topics (w/ the same subject) so that you can find info that has already been posted previously, but may be several pages back. Also, if a post is not as much project related, but pictures, top ten lists, or retail news, I've typically moved it to the Coffee House Forum. With the Charlotte Forum as a model, I've added and pinned two topics of interest. One, is the highway and traffic topic. If there is any news on general traffic issues or specific highway projects like I-540 or I-85 opening, etc, please post it there. I've also gone back and merged a TON of old photo topics, and put them here. I strongly recommend only viewing that topic if you have broadband! The vast majority of the photos have been of Raleigh, so I merged those into one and named it Raleigh, but I can certainly add some of the Durham or Chapel Hill photo topics as well.

Orulz and I have a few other ideas for thigs to add, but we'd like your feedback as well. If there are any ideas or suggestions you have please post them in this topic or PM orulz or myself, and one of us will get to it.

Thanks everyone!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One suggestion -- to go along the lines of the Charlotte forum, could there be a rundown list. It doesn't have to be anywhere near the scale and detail that Dubone has graciously done, but a list of projects going on in Raleigh or the Entire Triangle. It could be split according to city and then, in Raleigh's case, be divided again into downtown and other developments. It would be easy to keep track of all the projects here in the Triangle and to really see the massive growth that has taken place over the past years. It would also be great help for those who don't live in the Triangle right now, myself included as I am at school here in Charlotte.

Other than that one suggestion an overall great job of moderating and making this forum easy and fun to communicate through.

I try to not start new threads if I can help it, and do appreciate the thread consolidation.

I hope there is not a "desegregation" between Raleigh and Durham/Chapel Hill, though pictures for each area deserve their own threads.

Copying the Charotte coffee house forum's pinned threads for shopping centers could focus disccusions for Southpoint, Crabtree, North Hills, Triangle Town Center, Durham and Raleigh downtowns, etc.

I'm happy with things have been here. A mostly civil place to find out new things, to support a more urban oriented atmosphere for the area, and to suggest projects - legitmate and silly - for the future.

OK, I'll see what I can do...

I've spent a lot of time consolidating and moving topics--you probably would never notice, but the main forum used to contain 23 pages--now only 15!

Here are some newly combined (a bunch of old articles, etc) topics:

DT Ral's future (general)

The Triangle Architecture thread (general--not project specific)

The Triangle History thread (general)

The American Tobacco Complex

The General DT Ral condo thread (prices, demand--not individual projects)

The Durham media (photo) topic

Triangle Pop Growth topic

Raleigh's/Triangle's identity thread

Here's a thought...nothing major, but it'd be nice.

On the NC page, where it lists the subforums, the Triangle one says "Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary". I think it might be nice if we could add another comma after that... Carrboro.

Because even though it isn't one of the larger towns here, but really, what city around here defines smart growth, community involvement and good urban design better than Carrboro? :thumbsup:

Archived