Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plasticman

Idol in Memphis

10 posts in this topic

I was watching American Idol's premieres this week (yes I'm hooked along with my wife). They had been to Minneapolis and Seattle so far and this coming week they are bringing the auditions to your great city of Memphis. Actually I know they were there months ago but it is only now being broadcast.

Anyway I was wondering what impact it had on the city if any? Where were the audtions held? Did anyone you know audition?

wow didn't know that they were in Memphis...

I thought all cities are that hip kind of places but i'm not surprised since Memphis is known for its music talents

They were supposed to be in Memphis a while back but then Hurricane Katrina hit and they canceled because all facilties was going to help the recovery effort. I hope Memphis shines and some of its characters you run into daily in this town show up. Lots of people watch the show, but many more watch the first few episodes when their going to diffrent cities searching for talent. Many the next William Hung can be from Memphis :thumbsup: He's way more famous than that Justin Guarinni guy (runner up winner). I hope the city doesn't embarrass themselves like Nashville did a few years back. Downtown was like a ghost town and Seacrest was wondering where all the people were. Memphis certainly has alot of talent and IMO is one of the most if not the most untapped artistic market in America.

Can't say I'm much of an "Idol" fan, but I did watch MSP and SEA, and wow, that was pretty bad. I think Memphis will do pretty well considering something like 16,000 people showed up to audition; surely 20-30 of that crowd can at least make it to Hollywood.

I think "Idol" should have auditions in Birmingham since 2 of the winners were from there and I think they have had several others go fairly deep.

Can't say I'm much of an "Idol" fan, but I did watch MSP and SEA, and wow, that was pretty bad. I think Memphis will do pretty well considering something like 16,000 people showed up to audition; surely 20-30 of that crowd can at least make it to Hollywood.

I think "Idol" should have auditions in Birmingham since 2 of the winners were from there and I think they have had several others go fairly deep.

I watched the Memphis episode and it was very cool. They showed a lot places I've walked downtown. I never understood where they held it. Was it at the Pyramid?

The New York show was just weird.

I watched the Memphis episode and it was very cool. They showed a lot places I've walked downtown. I never understood where they held it. Was it at the Pyramid?

The New York show was just weird.