Wakulla County School Impact Fee

gatoremt

I am not sure I would want to build a new house now in Wakulla County. Maybe I just dont understand. Maybe this happens in all countys.

Impact Fee

From WCTV website

"School Impact Fee in Wakulla Reporter: Valerie Lacy

1-17-07

If you want to build a new home in Wakulla County, be prepared to dig deep into your pockets. Last night Wakulla County commissioners unanimously passed a school impact fee worth $6,000.

if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');Current residents need not worry. The fee will only apply to buyers of newly built homes, but builders are concerned. They say this will hit the affordable housing market the hardest.

Jay Culley, Southern Homes Director, said, "It's, well, it's huge. It makes a difference in someone buying or not buying. I mean, they certainly can't afford it. It will be huge in the smaller market."

The county is planning another impact fee which some say could raise the cost of a new home by twelve thousand dollars.

George Green, Wakulla County Commissioner, says the school impact fee will be phased in over the next few years."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impact fees are quite common around the state for new construction. We moved here from Osceola county in central Florida where the impact fee is now $10K. In neighboring Orange County (Orlando) it is $12K. That is total impact fee including schools, parks, roads, etc.

I should also mention the builder pays the fee so it is already built into the price of a new home if you are shopping around.

Archived