Two more towers on Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

I guess that its OK again to talk about this project as it is on another website. The property that was mentioned last week on Demonbreun that may have up to a million sq feet at this time should have a 4 story building that takes up the entire block and two 15 to 20 story towers above that. The lower portion will be retail and one of the towers will be residential. Thats all I can give away at the moment.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess that its OK again to talk about this project as it is on another website. The property that was mentioned last week on Demonbreun that may have up to a million sq feet at this time should have a 4 story building that takes up the entire block and two 15 to 20 story towers above that. The lower portion will be retail and one of the towers will be residential. Thats all I can give away at the moment.

if anyone has a chance to get by and get a picture of the site, or even just describe to me which corner of this block we are talking about, I would appreciate it. I'm having trouble picturing what is back there right now as well as how large the lot is.

There is an article on the front page of this weeks NBJ that talks about this project. They will not build this unless they get a major anchor to go in at least 100,000 ft of the space.

Highlights here are:

2 buildings, 1 22 stories and one 20 stories

364,000 sq ft of condo space

459,000 sq ft of office space

23,000 sq ft of retail

soonest groundbreaking, summer of 2008

lot is large enough to put three towers but two is what they decided on.

The Article did mention the WES adn the fact the sales center will open at the end of Feb., I just yawn any time I here an announcement about this project. Its getting real old.

^^ Does anyone else think this project sounds almost exactly like WES (minus the hotel component)? I wonder if nashville can handle two large scale office projects like this as well as the Crown building....i bet this kills WES since its closer to downtown and right off the interstate

The same article also stated that there were 43 different companies that had expressed a need for downtown/midtown office space to the Nashville Chamber, and of those 43, 13 were looking to relocate their corporate headquarters. The article went on to say that Eakin felt like the was and will will be a need for more office space in t he next few years.

Archived