• Yes. and i liked it!
    • Yes. but i didnt liked it!
    • No, but i really like to visit!
    • No and i dont wish to visit...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest donaltopablo

Never been, but certainly wouldn't mind visting there, and several other places throughout the middle east. UAE seems very appealing too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Went to Israel in the summer of '95. Had a great time (love that Macabe Beer). Stayed in Tel Aviv for four nights, Jerusalem for four nights and Eilat for one night. Didn't go for religous reasons, but did visit all the historic sites. I really liked Ein Geddi on the Dead Sea and got to see Pearl Jam perform just outside the Old City in the ampitheatre.

My only scare was getting trapped in Bethlehem after the IDF closed the border and Palestinian cabs couldn't drive us back to Jerusalem. Nothing like hitchhiking in that type of atmosphere.

We stopped on our way back from visiting Cape Town, when I was in 5th grade, so I was only 11. We had a cab driver give us a whole day's tour of much of the country. We saw Tel Aviv, Caesarea, Jerusalem, where we went to the Temple Mount, the Western Wall and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. This was in 1977. We went on to the Dead Sea for a float and took a ride up to the top of Masada. We were only there for four days, and I would like to go back, but I hope that Israel and the Palestinians and neighboring Arab states are at peace.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Israel in the summer of 2003. I visited Tel Aviv, Ramat Gan, Netanya, Rehovot ,BetShemesh and Jerusalem. I loved every minute I was there. Did not have any problems(did not get blown up in any Tel Aviv nightclubs or busses)- I love that city- its incredibally vibrant and and the weather was great. Drank Maccabee Beer in the bars-theres lots of them-and bought a t-shirt from PONGO on Dizengoff St- great store. Netanya is a nice town(Northern TelAviv suburb) thats where I stayed. Visited Rehovot(college town) and the Weitzman Institute of Science.. Talked to some american immigrants in Bet Shemesh and ended up in Jerusalem visited Yad Vashem and prayed at wailing wall-what a place -what a country !

• 3 months later...

The pictures are beautiful looks like a great place how are Americans percieved there. I would like to visit but with all the issues with security and the fighting i dont know if i would feel safe. Maybe someone who lives there can enlighten me.

The pictures are beautiful looks like a great place how are Americans percieved there. I would like to visit but with all the issues with security and the fighting i dont know if i would feel safe. Maybe someone who lives there can enlighten me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hello ,

there is no reason to feel unsafe in tel-aviv , haifa ,jerusalem or any other places within the green line (wich is an accepted israeli territory), i guess that what you see in the media made you think that israel is not a safe place, but the media distorts the real picture, and only because they don't talk about other things then terror and israeli-palestinian conflict. the picture is completely different , i don't wake up at morning and think about the conflict , i only live my life - work studies , family and many other normal things , and thus live the vast majority of the israelies. can you tell me when was the last time you saw an article about the high-tech or the beautifull shores of israel ? when was the last time you saw a tv report about scientific issues in israel or travel guide that shows you the night life in tel-aviv for instance?

im sure you have'nt seen many reports or articles about these things, do you know why ? because the media likes blood and action, and that what it shows you , only blood , israel became a place that easyly satisfied the media's will , there is blood , conflict , discrimination , the right mixture of good stuff!

i don't say that the conflict is not exist , i don't say that the medai lies,

what i do say is that by focusing the conflict and the death the media made a great injustice to israel, by ignoring the realityof everyday life in israel.

the media succeeded to discourage people like you , (who doesn't live here or interested in things beyond the conflict) from coming, because it isn't safe and there is a "war". this is not the full picture! dont let it mislead you.

el'ad

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been there, 7 times.. From 1991 to 2005 (the last trip). Planning to go there as much as i can, because Israel is offering so much like not any other place on earth. Altough its a small country, you have 3 seas (Mediterranean, Red sea, Dead sea) , you have a big lake Kineret, snowy mountains, desert ecetera. Culturally i dont think i should say anything because everyone knows how diversed and interesting this place is.

Hopefully Palestine will establish its state and have peace with Israel, so there would be another interesting place to go to (safely!).

Archived