Chattanooga traffic getting worse?

sunrisese

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure, because I have not been to Chattanooga since 1999 (just driving through), but it was pretty thick then.

I know that Bristol (Tri-Cities) traffic is getting worse and we have yet to see "Smart way" cameras on our freeways up here. We have message boards and webcams on some of the interstates (exit 7 area of I-81), but thats on the VA side and very thick in that area due to the massive developments at the exit 7 area of I-81 in Bristol VA. 100s of restaurants, shopping centers, Super Wal-Mart, etc... you name it, its up there - not to mention the "normal" I-81 traffic.

TDOT seems to be ignoring the rest of the Tri-Cities interstates. I KNOW that they have cameras on parts of I-40 that have less traffic than we have here on parts I-81 where there are NO cameras. Maybe sometime within the next 50 years? :rolleyes:

I hope they don't add too many more lanes to the already wide expressways there. Let's face it, you cannot add lanes to the freeways for forever. That is simply like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. It's not going to make traffic any better, just temporarily spread it out. We've got to get to the crux of the problem if we really want to solve the traffic issue. We've got to stop building our city in a manner in which the only way you can get around is by car.

Archived