Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida

Tallahassee Sports Bar

131 posts in this topic

Tallahassee Sports Bar

DSCF2000.jpg

Proposed FAMU Basketball Arena

Welcome to the Sports Bar where we're all sports all day! It'll be fun to use this thread to post scores, pictures from sporting events and any news related to Tallahassee's sports programs.

Have Fun!

-TJ

Tallahassee Sports Bar

DSCF2000.jpg

Proposed FAMU Basketball Arena

Welcome to the Sports Bar where we're all sports all day! It'll be fun to use this thread to post scores, pictures from sporting events and any news related to Tallahassee's sports programs.

Have Fun!

-TJ

That is pretty nice looking. Are they still thinking about building that? It would be good for FAMU, I am just not sure if they would be able to sell enough tickets for it.

^It doesn't hurt to use imagination!! Maybe 1 day that many people will go to a FAMU basketball game.

Sorry, but the only time I could see that place with that many people in it are either commencement or the Lil' Jon Concert that will inevitably take place during Demp Week there.

That is very true. They will come when it is new. I saw FAMU on WCTV during the sports, and they showed several shots of around the arena. No one was there. That is sad.

Are you talking about their current basketball facility? If so, yeah. It's really no bigger than a typical high school gym.

As far as those Tallahassee TITAN regular season tickets go, yeah I plan to get mine soon... just had to wait on my money first. Now I've got to look at my schedule to make sure I'll be able to attend.

I know its not a Tallahassee team, but GG did it too...

WAY TO GO COLTS!!!! SUPER BOWL Bound!!!!!

YEAH BUDDY!!!!! COLTS ALL THE WAY!!!!! I lov it when underdogs go to the BIG BOWL

As far as this stadium is concerned... "If you build it THEY will come...."

I've been to Indy. This got me to thinking about their downtown last night after watching their game last night. They built sports facilities downtown as a part of the revitalization. This allowed them to bring in a little traffic, to an otherwise abandoned area after Business hours, soon thereafter they also began to build high density housing, and even added a Hall of Fame facility. Perhaps we could build a Florida athletic Hall of Fame downtown here.

I like to look at other Capital Cities and wonder if/when we will catch up culturally. I would like to see the following in Tallahassee:

1. World Class Zoo -- (Emphasis on Florida Wildlife)

2. World Class Aquarium -- (Emphasis on Florida Aquatic Wildlife)

3. World Class Museums featuring Florida Art/Photography/History/Science/Architecture/Politics

4. World Class Florida Children's Hospital

5. Florida Music Hall of Fame

6. Florida Transportation Museum

7. Florida Military History Museum

These are basic things one should find in their Capital City, IMHO. What do you guys think?

Was at the Civic Center today and spoke to a Tallahassee Titans Player(?) and told him I'm going to buy my season tickets, one I can figure my schedule. I'm getting excited as February nears.

I have not seen a schedule for the Titans yet. I am not sure if I will be able to make any of the games.

I have not seen a schedule for the Titans yet. I am not sure if I will be able to make any of the games.

Darn, I want be able to go to any of the games. I have to work on the weekends. And I work until 10:00 pm. That stinks.

Hopefully w/this Duke win or another win over Clemson this week, the B-ball team can break into the top 25.

FSU Men have games remaining with the Following:

02/07 at #21 Clemson 7:30 PM

02/11 BC 3:00 PM

02/13 Ga Tech *8:00 PM

02/17 at Virginia *1:00 PM

02/21 at Maryland *9:00 PM

02/24 NC State *1:00 PM

03/03 at Miami 12:00 PM

It seems realistic that we have run the board here. We almost beat Clemson here at home, I think the revenge factor will kick in and FSU will take that game on the road. We should take BC and GA Tech at home also. At Virginia and Maryland is scariest for me. But the motivation is there, if they want to go to the Tourney and have a respectable finish, they've got to finish strong.

TTitans.gif

:yahoo:

Tallahassee Titans WIN!!!

The Tallahassee Titans Win 62-44 over the Carolina Speed!

FSU baseball on a nice little streak. Is anyone like me a bit nervous about getting excited so soon, given their track record at the end of the season over the years?

FSU baseball on a nice little streak. Is anyone like me a bit nervous about getting excited so soon, given their track record at the end of the season over the years?

Yeah, but we're talking about a Professional Baseball team vs. College. I don't think FSU's stretch of wins thus far have come cheap. There was some quality competition in there, including your beloved Gators, GG. But I don't think FSU is unique in padding its non-conference schedule with underdog teams. It's a common practice. Just happy they were able to take advantage of it.

Yeah, but we're talking about a Professional Baseball team vs. College. I don't think FSU's stretch of wins thus far have come cheap. There was some quality competition in there, including your beloved Gators, GG. But I don't think FSU is unique in padding its non-conference schedule with underdog teams. It's a common practice. Just happy they were able to take advantage of it.