Tallahassee Sports Bar

Florida

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tallahassee Sports Bar

DSCF2000.jpg

Proposed FAMU Basketball Arena

Welcome to the Sports Bar where we're all sports all day! It'll be fun to use this thread to post scores, pictures from sporting events and any news related to Tallahassee's sports programs.

Have Fun!

-TJ

Are you talking about their current basketball facility? If so, yeah. It's really no bigger than a typical high school gym.

As far as those Tallahassee TITAN regular season tickets go, yeah I plan to get mine soon... just had to wait on my money first. Now I've got to look at my schedule to make sure I'll be able to attend.

I've been to Indy. This got me to thinking about their downtown last night after watching their game last night. They built sports facilities downtown as a part of the revitalization. This allowed them to bring in a little traffic, to an otherwise abandoned area after Business hours, soon thereafter they also began to build high density housing, and even added a Hall of Fame facility. Perhaps we could build a Florida athletic Hall of Fame downtown here.

I like to look at other Capital Cities and wonder if/when we will catch up culturally. I would like to see the following in Tallahassee:

1. World Class Zoo -- (Emphasis on Florida Wildlife)

2. World Class Aquarium -- (Emphasis on Florida Aquatic Wildlife)

3. World Class Museums featuring Florida Art/Photography/History/Science/Architecture/Politics

4. World Class Florida Children's Hospital

5. Florida Music Hall of Fame

6. Florida Transportation Museum

7. Florida Military History Museum

These are basic things one should find in their Capital City, IMHO. What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

FSU Men have games remaining with the Following:

02/07 at #21 Clemson 7:30 PM

02/11 BC 3:00 PM

02/13 Ga Tech *8:00 PM

02/17 at Virginia *1:00 PM

02/21 at Maryland *9:00 PM

02/24 NC State *1:00 PM

03/03 at Miami 12:00 PM

It seems realistic that we have run the board here. We almost beat Clemson here at home, I think the revenge factor will kick in and FSU will take that game on the road. We should take BC and GA Tech at home also. At Virginia and Maryland is scariest for me. But the motivation is there, if they want to go to the Tourney and have a respectable finish, they've got to finish strong.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, but we're talking about a Professional Baseball team vs. College. I don't think FSU's stretch of wins thus far have come cheap. There was some quality competition in there, including your beloved Gators, GG. But I don't think FSU is unique in padding its non-conference schedule with underdog teams. It's a common practice. Just happy they were able to take advantage of it.

Yeah, but we're talking about a Professional Baseball team vs. College. I don't think FSU's stretch of wins thus far have come cheap. There was some quality competition in there, including your beloved Gators, GG. But I don't think FSU is unique in padding its non-conference schedule with underdog teams. It's a common practice. Just happy they were able to take advantage of it.

Archived